|Job Location:||Houston, TX|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Weatherford is seeking a Global HSE Advisor in Houston, TX. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
The Global HSE advisor will be responsible for supporting the Global HSE Team in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company’s health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures. This includes providing training and guidance to employees on HSE matters. The role will also be responsible for monitoring and reporting on HSE performance, as well as ensuring compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and standards.
Roles & Responsibilities
SAFETY, SECURITY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintain the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activities are carried out ethically and in compliance with Company’s Security, Compliance & HSE policies, Management System, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices and comply with the Company’s Rules to Live By
- Place Quality, Health & Safety, Security and protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers or the communities in which we live and work at risk
- Seek continual improvement in Health, Safety, Security & protection of the Environment, taking into account responsible care, process vulnerabilities, public, customer and employee inputs, knowledge and technology and best business practices to exceed customer expectations
- Responsible for being familiar with the Company’s Quality policies and taking an active role in the compliance and improvement of Weatherford’s Management System
- Maintain service quality as an immediate priority when working across all areas of the business and continually seeks areas for improvement
- Provide training and guidance to employees on HSE matters, including emergency response procedures, the proper use of personal protective equipment, and the handling of hazardous materials
- Assist with the investigation of accidents and incidents, including collecting and analyzing data and completing reports
- Monitor and report on HSE performance, including tracking and analyzing metrics such as accident and incident rates, near-miss reporting, and environmental performance
- Support the development and implementation of HSE policies and procedures, including contributing to the development of HSE training materials
- Work with the HSE Team to develop and implement HSE improvement plans and initiatives
- Act as a resource for employees on HSE matters, providing guidance and support as needed
- Maintain effective communications with all key stakeholders both internal and where appropriate external
- All employees have an accountability to the organization to be financially responsible whether they are in charge of a function budget or simply their own expenses
- Costs incurred should be within the approved budget, processed within agreed time frames & following the relevant financial policy and procedure
PEOPLE & DEVELOPMENT
- Employees have a responsibility for developing their own careers within the Company including completing all necessary function, compliance & business standards training to enhance their knowledge, skills and experience
- Employees should engage on a regular basis with their line manager to discuss their personal performance, objectives and opportunities to enhance their skills and experience to support their career potential
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, environmental science, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in an HSE role
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and standards, including OSHA regulations and environmental permits
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other relevant software
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing situations
- Commitment to continuous learning and professional development
Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Getting the Global HSE Advisor designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Global HSE Advisor.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.