|Company Name:||VSE Corporation|
|Job Location:||Miramar, FL|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
VSE Corporation is seeking a Human Resources Generalist in Miramar, FL. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
SUMMARY: The Human Resources Generalist partners with the business to ensure people-related matters are aligned with business goals and objectives while being compliant, effective, and efficient.This role has accountability for recruiting, policy and compliance, employee and labor relations, compensation, benefits, HRIS, performance management, and learning and development.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advising on human resource policies and programs to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives and
- Implementing and coordinating employee and labor relations policies, procedures, and programs related to new hire onboarding, equal employment opportunity, employee counseling and performance improvement plans, separations, as well as investigations of discrimination, harassment, and other employment violations.
- Performing sourcing and coordination of open job roles, including acquiring appropriate approvals, opening, and posting requisitions, sourcing for talent, assisting in selection of talent, offers, background checks and onboarding activities. This role is responsible for the applicable outreach of veterans, disabled and taking actions applicable to Affirmative Action planning.Ensure all E-Verify and I-9 requirements are met.
- Advising employees on human resources policies as well as conflict resolution, disciplinary actions, and grievances; investigating and resolving discrimination complaints and problems; auditing internal employee and labor practices to identify corrective action; identifying major trends and underlying employee and labor relations issues.
- Participating in annual goal setting and performance review activities; assisting managers with interpreting wage and salary policies and procedures; developing and updating job descriptions; ensuring proper FLSA designations; preparing wage and salary plans and reports as requested.
- Ensuring accuracy of human resource policies and programs to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives and
- In collaboration with the benefits and payroll staff, investigating, analyzing, and resolving issues or problems related to benefit plan enrollment, payroll contributions, etc.; facilitating benefits overview discussions for new hires and annual open enrollment meetings as needed.
- Creating and maintaining employee documentation, correspondence, and records; establishing and communicating procedures required to standardize and record employment actions, mass events, etc. in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner; running routine and ad hoc queries and reports; developing various metrics and analytics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related discipline.Experience in lieu of education is acceptable.
- Five (5) years’ human resources experience supporting over 150 employees and multiple functional areas.
- 2 years’ recruiting experience, including sourcing, interviewing, selection, making offers and on-boarding new employees.
- Proficiency using various software, applications, and programs including Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS, benefit enrollment systems, applicant tracking systems and timekeeping/payroll platforms.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local and federal contractor employment laws and compliance programs; experience researching and implementing human resources best practices.
- Superb attention-to-detail as well as organizational and time management skills.
- Adept at conducting research and problem-solving; ability to analyze and evaluate problems and apply human resources best practices.
- Demonstrated communication and customer service skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with employees at various levels within the organization.
- Ability to manage a high volume of assignments with varying complexity and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with integrity and professionalism.
- Ability quickly and easily adapts to changing organizational and departmental needs.
- Must be resourceful, use sound judgement, and understand when to elevate issues due to risk or complexity.
- High sensitivity for protocol and confidentiality.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related discipline.
- 8-10 years of Human Resources experience supporting over 300 employees.
- 5+ years of recruitment experience
- Experience supporting human resources in multiple states.
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce.
- HRCI or SHRM certification.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
- Requires up to 5% travel.
VSE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Getting the Human Resources Generalist designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Human Resources Generalist.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.