|Company Name:||VSE Corporation|
|Job Location:||Hebron, KY|
|Job Posted Date:||26-01-2023|
VSE Corporation is seeking a Interior Technician Lead in Hebron, KY. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
SUMMARY: The Interior Technician Lead is responsible for assigning and coordinating work assignments and assumes responsibility for all maintenance functions for their assigned team/shift. Must demonstrate high mechanical aptitude and will inspect, service, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and overhaul aircraft components while maintaining a safe work environment and following all company and federal rules/ regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing maintenance and alteration tasks on civil aviation articles in accordance with the current technical data provided in the manufacturers’ Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, Services Bulletins, service letters, Airworthiness Directives, government and industry standard practices, and other data acceptable to or approved by the FAA.
- Motivate, support, and provide guidance to direct reports.
- Communicate regularly to shop manager.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of shop personnel.
- Perform work assignments as determined by the shop manager.
- Ensure that all work is performed in accordance with approved technical and regulatory data.
- Uses appropriate inspection techniques, and calibrated equipment for the unit/part being accomplished.
- Records information and accomplishes the work assignments in compliance with the inspection procedures manual and quality policies and procedures.
- Comply with all safety directives and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintain all shop calibrated tools in satisfactory operational condition.
- Ability to work in a shop environment with the ability to lift to 100 lbs.
- Ability to work to read and interpret schematics and drawings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical Degree (Airframe and Powerplant Certification) or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant/technical work experience OR
- an additional 3 years of specific work experience in lieu of degree.
- The ability to teardown, inspection, parts requisition, assembly, testing, troubleshooting, repair, and overhaul of aircraft fuel/pneumatic components.
- Must be able to multi-task/project oriented with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced industry meeting established timeline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be detailed oriented and organized.
- Must be computer literate, and proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Willing to work additional hours when operational objectives require it.
- Ability to prioritize and to work without close supervision.
- Airframe and Powerplant Certification or equivalent
- 6+ years of bench work experience on Pneumatic components.
- Strong knowledge of flow control valves, hp s/o valves, engine starters, AUP bleed valves, anti-ice valves, pneumatic starters, pressure regulator valves, and shutoff valves.
- Strong knowledge of electric fuel pumps, engine driven fuel pumps, fuel controls, fuel heaters, oil coolers, fuel actuators, fuel valves, fuel pressure switches, MEC’s HMU’s, FMU’s, and fuel accessories.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic’s License.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
VSE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Getting the Interior Technician Lead designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Interior Technician Lead.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.