|Company Name:||VSE Corporation|
|Job Location:||Miami, FL|
|Job Posted Date:||26-01-2023|
VSE Corporation is seeking a Export Compliance Manager in Miami, FL. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
SUMMARY: The Export Compliance Leader provides oversight, support, and direction to the Compliance team in the administration of an effective Trade Compliance program that ensures VSE Aviation’s conformance with U.S. export laws and internal policy requirements. Primarily responsible for understanding and monitoring procedures to facilitate compliance with export control regultions.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide subject matter expertise in relevant trade compliance laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations, U.S. Customs Regulations, ITAR and applicable U.S. and foreign trade control regulations
- Determine jurisdiction and classification under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) as appropriate
- Work with other departments such as supply chain, sales, shipping and product development, to establish and maintain effective and relevant export/import activities that are required to support overall operating functions
- Communicate regulatory changes to other impacted departments and action changes to policies or procedures, as needed
- Assist in the development and delivery of internal training on import/export and other regulatory compliance requirements
- Review rulemaking and guidance from a variety of sources to remain current on industry rules and best practices
- Ensure compliant Automated Export System (AES) reporting
- Prepare and submit export license applications and oversee post-approval activities, including EEI filings, close-out processes and record keeping
- Participate in compliance audits and investigations and make recommendations to resolve issues identified
- Investigate and help resolve export compliance violations and coordinate with legal on the submission of voluntary disclosures
- Coordinate with internal and external customers, vendors, OEM’s, freight forwarders / customs brokers, government agencies and other functional areas to support all areas of compliance
- Provide support to sales and business development to determine applicable licensing and compliance requirements for new products or product lines
- Support the day-to-day movement of product internationally, including approving export shipments, decrementing licenses, applying EAR exceptions, and ensuring the accuracy of export filings
- Manage import shipments with carriers and customs brokers, including proper classification, valuation, origin rules, free trade agreements, special tariff classifications, documentation and recordkeeping
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6-7 years of relevant/technical work experience OR
- An additional 3 years of specific work experience in lieu of degree
- defined by 22 C.F.R.
- 120.15 is required.
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 9+ years of product management work experience
- Strong knowledge of US export control laws, particularly the EAR, OFAC sanctions regulations and the Federal Trade Regulations
- Experience with performing due diligence on transactions and counterparties from a trade compliance standpoint
- Strong analytical skills and ability to research, interpret and apply complex US and non-US government export/import regulations
- Experience in ECCN classification for hardware, software, and technology
- Experience with SNAP-R and EEI filings
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task, and able to prioritize and joggle tasks as needed.
- Strong enthusiasm for diving deep in trade compliance and research matters.
- Strong interest in expanding trade compliance knowledge and learning other areas of risk management.
- Attention to detail and “team player” attitude is a must for this position.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
VSE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Getting the Export Compliance Manager designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Export Compliance Manager.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.