|Company Name:||True Health|
|Job Location:||Orlando, FL|
|Job Posted Date:||01-02-2023|
True Health is seeking a Medical Records & Referrals Coord in Orlando, FL. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
This person is responsible for assisting medical providers refer patients to secondary care providers as directed, as well as scanning and importing all documents received via mail and/or virtual fax drive.
- Make medical records available to practitioners and clinical personnel upon request.
- Help providers obtain appointments for consultations, laboratory procedures, etc., through any available means of communication.
- Make requests for summaries of medical care given to our patients by private physicians or medical facilities, keep a record of all correspondence and provide follow-up.
- Follow-up on patients who do not keep their appointments for specialists.
- Track all patient referrals to insure report was received, scanned and imported in a timely manner.
- Responsible for documenting all steps taken to properly process a referral.
- Responsible for processing Orange County referrals in a timely manner.
- Responsible for notifying the provider and patient if additional tests are needed before a referral can be completed.
- Maintain at all times in the medical departments an adequate and constant supply of printed forms and materials in use; processing necessary authorizations and referrals, acknowledging receipt and keeping adequate records of all authorizations and referrals.
- Gather data necessary for all requested patient charts by hospitals, attorneys, etc., including making copies and arranging delivery of such documents.
- Responsible for properly processing all assigned referrals within 24 hours unless specific circumstances prevent it.
- File records; attach reports of consultation and diagnostic procedures (x-ray, laboratory, consultations, etc.).
- Responsible for answering phone calls regarding patient questions related to medical records/referrals.
- Responsible for accurately scanning and importing all medical records received via mail within 24 hours.
- Responsible for verifying all documents located on the fax drive have been correctly scanned and imported by the end of business day.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education And Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years medical experience
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work well with people.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Reports to Medical Records and Referral Supervisor
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to view a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive hand and wrist motions for extended periods of time.
- Ability to hear and converse in a professional manner at all times.
Getting the Medical Records & Referrals Coord designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Medical Records & Referrals Coord.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.