|Job Location:||United States|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Talentify.io is seeking a Principal Consultant, Security Research Services (Unit 42) in United States. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Talentify helps candidates around the world to discover and stay focused on the jobs they want until they can complete a full application in the hiring company career page/ATS.
At Hiring Company® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Hiring Company is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Hiring Company. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
Unit 42 is looking for someone who can help us help our clients protect user data, improve anti-scraping efforts, and train machine learning detection models.
- Investigate mobile applications, websites, browser extensions, and other digital assets
- Leverage physical and emulated sandboxed environments for analysis
- Leverage proxy technologies to capture web traffic generated by applications
- Inspect web traffic logs to identify anomalous or suspicious activity
- Identify unauthorized exfiltration, handling, or use of end-user data including Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”), created content, credentials, etc
- Understand and adhere to best practices for operational security (“OPSEC”) concepts
- Edit and write SQL queries or scripts to query APIs
- Review application source code and artifacts
- Reverse engineering of applications, tools, etc.
- Leverage formal and informal internal documentation to quickly interpret unknown data behavior
- Create replicable processing scripts/notebooks, and document steps taken
- Help develop and refine ongoing data and code review strategies and workflows
- Regularly and uniformly report findings – Create a narrative to the analysis performed
- Understand how web requests are formed including POST parameters, HTTP headers, user agents, request parameters, request cookies, etc.
- Query back-end databases using Presto SQL
- Utilize web logs to identify traffic and request patterns
- Review and validate external penetration test results to determine severity
- Actively participate in the development, documentation, and implementation of new processes to expand and mature capabilities for the organization
- Continuous involvement in workstream growth and process improvement
- Ideal candidate will have 8+ years of following-
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent military experience, preferably in a technical or security-related field
- Knowledge of fundamental computer science concepts
- Positions or experience with corporate data environments, databases, and/or security experience preferred
- Analytical problem-solving skills, including how to interpret technical requirements and turn them into operational steps that can scale
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member, in a fast-paced environment – Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills
- Privacy or cybersecurity industry certifications are a plus
- Proven ability to work analytically while demonstrating effective leadership, project management, teamwork, and innovation
- Experience in working with smaller teams and/or start-up organizations
- Software development or scripting experience is a plus
Unit 42 specializes in providing data breach response, digital forensics, and risk management consulting services to a growing list of clients ranging from small enterprises to Fortune 50 corporations around the world, as well as federal government agencies. Our experts combine deep security knowledge and proprietary technology to rapidly provide effective incident response, attack readiness, and remediation plans for organizations around the world. With offices in Reston, New York, Austin, and Los Angeles, we are firmly entrenched and well positioned as a leading provider of incident response.
Unit 42 is looking for Consultants to work with a single, long-term client across a
Getting the Principal Consultant, Security Research Services (Unit 42) designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Principal Consultant, Security Research Services (Unit 42) .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.