|Company Name:||System One|
|Job Location:||Hartford, CT|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
System One is seeking a Clinical Research Nurse in Hartford, CT. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Title: Clinical Research Nurse
Location: Hartford, CT
Duration: Direct Hire
Schedule: M-F 37.5 hours
Target Start Date: ASAP
ResponsibilitiesThe Clinical Research Nurse is responsible for ensuring excellence in the execution of clinical trials conducted. This position is also responsible for directing the design, plan, delivery and evaluation of clinical trial related implementation and training activities, which primarily includes, but is not limited to, Research Coordinators and Assistants, non-clinical research staff and clinical personnel located at the research site.
- Builds, reviews and approves accurate and complete order sets to ensure compliance with individual research protocols.
- Assesses protocols for feasibility at Hospital and Cancer Care Centers.
- Attends and participates in disease team, feasibility, site start-up and other key meetings with the responsibility to identify, analyze and disseminate appropriate information to the clinical operations staff and maintains a current understanding of priority trials.
- Develops and participates in the delivery of training for new protocols, including; the creation of training materials, protocol-specific tool kit, nursing in-service presentations and others as required by specific protocols. Determines the appropriate training delivery mechanism, timing and frequency.
- Directs the prioritization and serves as liaison to the Beacon administrator, Clinical Research Support Lab personnel, research pharmacists, Principle Investigators and research support staff as it relates to the building and approval of drug order sets and lab order templates. Directs the prioritization and approves OnCore study calendars in compliance with individual research protocols.
- Evaluates and assesses protocols in advance of protocol review meetings to determine complexity, identify risks, logistics and challenges associated with operationalizing and implementing specific trials. Collaborates with pharmacists, lab staff, CTTM(s) and others to ensure challenges and logistics are resolved prior to activating clinical research studies.
- Develops and administers tools to analyze the effectiveness of training programs and measure progress of understanding.
- Trains research staff as necessary on specific protocols and standard operating procedures in conjunction and in collaboration with investigators and clinical site representatives.
- Serves as clinical resource for training and maintaining research staff use of clinical trial management systems as needed.
- Serves as clinical resource for triaging and addressing research related inquiries generated from websites and professional presentations.
- Participates in the ongoing development, implementation, and evaluation of initiatives to enhance clinical research services and collaborations.
- Provides patient consultation and education regarding clinical trials and provides study specific information when appropriate.
- Assists with identifying toxicities and grade, using NCI Common Toxicity Criteria. Responds to and triages calls from patients regarding symptoms.
- Serves as front line medical person in interpreting protocol to medical and nursing staff, particularly concerning dose medications and safety issues related to the administration of the study drug or treatment.
- Reviews Beacon order set with CRC in anticipation of upcoming participant’s clinic visit. Pends orders for routing to Investigator for approval and signature.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing and four years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Active CT RN License.
- Excellent clinical, analytical, organizational, and supervisory skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate both through oral and written expression.
- Well-developed ability to work as an interdisciplinary team member to accomplish organizational goals.
- Ability to manage competing demands in a highly complex health care environment.
- Ability to be innovative, creative, and flexible.
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering outsourced services and workforce solutions across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Getting the Clinical Research Nurse designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Clinical Research Nurse.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.