|Company Name:||State Street|
|Job Location:||New York, NY|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
State Street is seeking a Alpha Data Operations Specialist Lead, Officer in New York, NY. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Who We Are Looking For
The State Street’s AlphaSM Data team is seeking an experienced and versatile Data Operations Specialist Lead with business solutions and data analysis expertise to help us build and sustain our client’s data capabilities and competitive advantage using the Alpha services and product offerings. The successful candidate will have knowledge of tools and techniques used for efficient data management, outstanding collaboration expertise as well as communication and technical skills that enable process optimization and automation. This role is part of broader Alpha Data Operations team and the candidate will have an opportunity to work directly with implementation, service management and IT teams across the globe.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What You Will Be Responsible For
As Alpha Data Operations Specialist Lead, Officer you will
- Manage and Support data operations; make sure the data is delivered to clients on time, accurate and within scope.
- Become process/platform SME; conduct root cause analysis of data issues and act as the point of contact to address questions, queries and requests
- Independently perform work within guidelines and according to specific procedures
- Support internal and client testing activities prior to “go live” date and immediate post-production transition, oversee and improve live processes
- As part of the wider team, add an input on overall Alpha Data product enhancements and requirements
- Collaborate with Alpha Data Implementation, Service Management and IT teams to share best practices, raise issues, develop consistent global processes
What We Value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Industry knowledge, experience in Market Reference data, Index benchmark data, Middle Office Operations, Transaction Management, Corporate Actions, Derivatives, Performance & Analytics, etc. will be an advantage
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details, problem solving, and decision making
- SQL knowledge, hands-on experience with database/data warehouse
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University degree in Computer Science, Data Management, Finance, Business or equivalent
- Typically 3 – 5 years of industry experience across Financial Services, IT or Data fields
- Clear understanding of investment data and aspects of investment process
- Investment Domain knowledge and be able to understand the various listed instrument types like Equities, Bonds, ETF and OTC Derivatives, Bank Loans, TBAs, etc.
- Broad and in-depth understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support back office operations
- Ability to work on multiple projects/clients implementation concurrently and prioritize work accordingly
- Knowledge / Experience of Middle Office Recordkeeping and Transaction processing is a plus
- Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
- Effective organizational, decision making, and communication skills
- Experience with Data Warehouse preferred.
- Flexible working hours may be required
- Strong technical skills, e.g. SQL, knowledge of database design (Data Feeds, Elements, Categories, Marts), etc.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and related tools (JIRA, RTC) is a plus
- Strong team ethics and team player
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
$65,000 – $102,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
Job ID: R-703978
Getting the Alpha Data Operations Specialist Lead, Officer designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Alpha Data Operations Specialist Lead, Officer.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.