|Company Name:||State Street|
|Job Location:||Boston, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
State Street is seeking a Head of Global Markets Strategy, MD in Boston, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
State Street Corporate (NYSE: STT) is the world’s leading provider of financial services to investors. Our purpose is to help create better outcomes for the world’s investors and the people they serve. We operate three leading franchises: an investment servicing business that aims to be the leading outsourcing partner and platform to institutional investors (with over $36 Trillion in Asset under Custody/Administration), a global markets business that is a leading provider of liquidity, financing, and research, and an investment management business that aims to be the first call for institutional and intermediary clients (with over $3 Trillion in Assets under Management)
Our Global Markets business is a leader in Foreign Exchange, Securities Lending, Portfolio Solutions, Funding, Collateral Transformation, and research provider.
The Head of Global Markets Strategy is responsible for driving the Strategic Planning Process for our Global Markets Franchise in close coordination with the Corporate Strategy, work hand-in-hand with the senior leadership in Global Markets to drive the strategic agenda; this includes developing new avenues for growth, examining what are new areas where STT can compete and win, and ultimately support State Street top leaders in strategic decision making
Specifically, Major Responsibilities Include
- Drive Strategic Planning for a business: Drive Business-level Strategic Planning process in coordination with Corporate Strategy, develop business cases for new avenues for growth, support and facilitate BU EMG offsites and BU Board discussions
- Provide strategic leadership on key initiatives: Provide leadership on select cross BU/functional initiatives to advance the strategic agenda, support select inorganic deals/product initiatives, and develop/maintain forward looking market and competitive intelligence infrastructure
- Strategic Counselor: Be a proactive counselor to the BU senior leadership, and influence BU’s overall trajectory
- Team and Talent Development: Coach, and develop a small high-performing team and develop a collaborative and challenging team environment; the strategy team is a conduit of talent into STT
This is a great opportunity to lead a high-impact function with direct exposure to State Street’s senior management. The group has a strong track-record of people migrating from Strategy to leadership roles across the firm, and senior management includes many alumni from top management consulting firms.
The role dual reports into the Global Head of Corporate Strategy for State Street and the Head of Global Markets.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience driving and influencing strategy and track record of success:
- Significant management consulting and corporate strategy leadership experience – 5+ years of work experience with top-tier strategy consulting experience/Corporate Strategy Group preferred
- Significant exposure to Financial Services and Capital Markets industry – experience in Foreign Exchange, Securities Lending, Financing Solutions, and Electronic Trading preferred
- Proven ability to lead small teams of high-performing individuals
- Proven experience developing & maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholders, and senior C-suite executives
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization and build strong relationships with team members, managers, and senior executives to drive successful completion of the work
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, both written and oral, to internal and external audiences
- Excellent critical-thinking skills with ability to structure and solve complex business problems
- Strong experience in shaping organization’s strategy and advancing the growth agenda
- Strong work-ethic with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- BA/ BS or equivalent degree, preferably with a financial or business discipline (MBA, CFA, or equivalent experience)
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an active role in setting the strategy and financial trajectory for State Street. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability and we are an industry shaper in providing an enterprise outsourcing and platform, access to capital markets, and a leading asset manager. Join us to make your mark in the financial services industry.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
$170,000 – $267,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
Job ID: R-728799
Getting the Head of Global Markets Strategy, MD designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Head of Global Markets Strategy, MD.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.