|Company Name:||State Street|
|Job Location:||Quincy, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
State Street is seeking a Head of Securities Valuation North America, Vice President in Quincy, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Who We Are Looking For
A candidate responsible for pricing underlying investments and funds managed by NA . Oversee daily operations, ensure Product, Governance/Oversight/Client Service is appropriately managed and fair value is adhered to. Interactions with internal stake holders globally, clients, vendors and third parties required on a regular basis. Driving strategy related to model improvement, IT development and location strategy
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Manages SecVal NA in all facets of valuations – ABOR, IBOR, Custody, Asset Owners and regulatory reporting support
- Contribute to SecVal Strategy and in turn ensure it is understood, translated to all staff and targets met
- Ensure that the business operate in compliance with internal requirements, external regulations and that escalation procedures are followed
- Shares Valuations and Managerial knowledge in supporting NNB, Alpha onboarding, Client change and Ops model changes/challenges
- Work as a team in conducting periodic business reviews ensuring associated risks are identified and managed and appropriate remedial action is taken where appropriate
- Provide strategic oversight to business line development through identification of key issues and trends
- Consistently communicate solid knowledge of team, department, and division goals and mission
- Develop and maintain cross-dept and divisional relationships to better facilitate the assignment and resolution of departmental issues
- Carries out assignments under self-direction and creatively overcomes roadblocks
- Develops or implements needed solutions without waiting for direction or leadership role to be assigned
- Demonstrates solid interpersonal relations, responding quickly to difficult situations and resolving them with minimal guidance
- Represents department and teams in cross-departmental or cross-divisional meetings, along with external Valuations focused industry events
- Continue to enhance our customer service, refine our value proposition, adhering to SLAs and metrics for all COE’s and provide support in the overall sales process
- Supports diversity strategy by encouraging the recruitment and retention of diverse individuals and educating existing employees on the benefits of a diverse workforce
- Serves as key resource to client on functional area of expertise
- Monitor and stay abreast of Industry changes / events impacting valuation. Liaise with external bodies and internal departments to ensure appropriate analysis and preparation is completed
- Report regularly to senior management within Securities Valuation as well as being a part of the support process for executive meetings
- A detailed understanding of :
- The scope of your managerial responsibilities
- The competence of the staff reporting to you
- Ensure staffs have clear lines of reporting, authority levels, objectives and progress is reviewed regularly in line with Company policy.
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported.
- Establish and monitor systems of control, limits of delegation and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Assist in Ensuring appropriate management information is produced and reviewed at appropriate intervals
- Supervise with operational focus in area of functional expertise
- Manages the activities of individual contributors, supervisors and outsourced functions in a section or department with accountability for results in terms of costs, strategies and employees. Manages direct reports on an on-going basis
- Monitors projects to ensure completion on schedule and within budget: Faulty decisions or recommendations, or failure to achieve results would typically result in significant expenditure of additional time, human resources and funds
- Establish and oversee the development of a risk culture within the business and ensure business line accountability for risk management, measurement and ensuring resiliency is top of the agenda
- Support a culture of effective challenge to ensure appropriate governance.
- Assist in the enforcement, performance monitoring and accountability for any functions /tasks outsourced to alternative locations outside EMEA. Ensuring oversight, client service and strategy is top of the agenda.
- All matters that could have an adverse impact on State Street, its clients and its relationships with regulators will be escalated to relevant functional heads and to legal entity boards as appropriate. I understand that it is my responsibility to make sure that all matters I escalate are appropriately resolved.
What We Value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Competent to Expert with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and a focus in Finance or related field
- 8-10 years of related experience including previous experience managing staff
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
$110,000 – $177,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
Job ID: R-727887
Getting the Head of Securities Valuation North America, Vice President designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Head of Securities Valuation North America, Vice President.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.