|Company Name:||State Street|
|Job Location:||Quincy, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
State Street is seeking a Software Developer, Senior Associate in Quincy, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Who We Are Looking For
Software Developer will contribute to the development, enhancement and maintenance of Data Quality platforms as a member of an agile scrum team. This is an opportunity to work within a very strong development team and help to develop challenging new products in the financial space using cutting edge technology.
What You Will Be Responsible For
As SoftWare Developer you will
- Work independently to develop, test, and debug software enhancements and solutions within the business and technical problem domains
- Develop, test, debug, and implement software programs, applications and projects using cloud computing using Java, python or other related software engineering languages
- Write unit and automation tests to ensure a high quality end product
- Participate in code reviews
- Actively participate in the agile software development process by adhering to the scrum methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Triage production issues by reviewing code and logs as needed and come up with solutions
What We Value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Extensive Java n-tier application experience
- Programming skills
- JVM Languages
- Kubernetes, Kafka, Azure, AWS
- Commercial Software
- Reactive programing, KSQL, Kstreams, Apache
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 1 year of commercial software development, proficient in developing multi-tier solutions
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Knowledgeable of commercial software development,
- Professional Java development experience, core Java and Multithreading
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills
- Ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector (Math background highly desirable)
- Able to work well with peers in a collaborative team environment
- Experience working with an Agile development methodology is desired
- Ability to analyze business requirements and develop solutions to the business needs
- Strong communication skills, self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly responsible.
- Strong collaboration skills, working with multiple teams in various locations in an agile environment.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
$52,000 – $81,640 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.
Job ID: R-715282
Getting the Software Developer, Senior Associate designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Software Developer, Senior Associate.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.