|Job Location:||Washington, DC|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Slalom is seeking a Federal Business Analyst in Washington, DC. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
This is a Versa role. Versa Resources (“Versa”) is the project resource division of Slalom Consulting; hiring professionals on demand to react to our dynamic opportunity pipeline. As a modernized technology company, we’ve never met a technical challenge we didn’t like. We enable our clients to learn from their data, create incredible digital experiences, and make the most of new technologies. We blend design, engineering, and analytics expertise to build the future. We surround our technologists with interesting challenges, innovative minds and emerging technologies.
Who You’ll Work With
At Slalom Federal, we co-create custom software, data, and cloud-native products for our Federal clients who are on a digital transformation and modernization journey. We’re a group of passionate, trusted advisors building strategies, solutions, and creative problem-solving to help our partners achieve their missions and create better outcomes for everyone served by the Federal government.
We use modern tools and techniques to build scalable and secure products that handle our clients’ most innovative and strategic work. We follow Agile practices when building software that uses modern frameworks, and our cross-functional delivery teams are committed to the craft of collaboratively building high-quality and sustainable software products rooted in human-centered design principles.
What You’ll Do
As a Federal Business Analyst, you will serve as the key liaison between our Slalom team(s) and our government client(s) to ensure the overall success of the project. In this important role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead/provide group facilitation, interviewing, training, and provides additional knowledge transfer to appropriate stakeholders.
- Conducts the elicitation and management of business and systems level requirements for projects and employs industry standard tools to manage requirements, configuration management, and modeling to support requirements management.
- Conducts the knowledge transfer of strategic plans, scope, requirements, and other analysis information to program and project teams to ensure successful implementation of solutions to client areas.
- Applies portfolio management concepts including business-IT alignment, prioritization, business cases and market surveys, and project costing techniques for moderately to highly complex projects.
- Validate solution(s) delivered meet business needs for programs, projects, and sub-projects as assigned. Possesses analytical skills through educational background and work experience and has the ability to apply those skills to client engagements.
- Demonstrate mastery in independently applying business analysis, strategic thinking, scoping, requirements elicitation, business process modeling, requirements management, and feasibility and cost benefit analysis.
- Exhibit strong communication skills; facilitation, interview, formal document writing and presentation skills.
- Support ad hoc efforts requiring change management, communications, and stakeholder engagement.
What You’ll Bring
- 7+ years of experience supporting Federal government clients or clients in the Public Sector on highly complex projects.
- Experience in business advisory services to include project management, stakeholder engagement, change management, and communications.
- Prior exposure to technology modernizations, Agile software development, and experience design
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC methodology and UML.
- Advanced proficiency in analytical, project planning, negotiating, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to perform cost-benefit analysis, trending, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- An ability to operate effectively on multiple workstreams and partner closely with technologists.
- A passion for collaboration and ability to work harmoniously with other vendors.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance.
Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 40 markets around the world, Slalom’s teams have autonomy to move fast and do what’s right. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world’s top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 9,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For five years running and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud to invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Getting the Federal Business Analyst designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Federal Business Analyst .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.