Schwan Cosmetics USA
|Company Name:||Schwan Cosmetics USA|
|Job Location:||Murfreesboro, TN|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Schwan Cosmetics USA is seeking a CL in Murfreesboro, TN. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Summary – Shade-matching involves creating a custom shade recipe to match a prototype per client specifications. The Shade Matching Technician I is an entry level position which provides assistance with lab activities while training and learning the color matching process. The Shade Matching Technician I will assist senior color lab technician with their duties in order to learn the process. This may include but is not limited to the following: cleaning, replenishing and putting away raw materials, calculated quantities of materials needed, weigh material, compounding materials, preparing samples and keeping accurate documentation in lab books and computer systems. Demonstrate safe work habits and adhere to Schwan Cosmetics, USA policies and procedures
Reports to: Color Lab Service Manager
- Assist senior lab technicians with creating new shades to support client projects without compromising product attributes. Under direction of senior lab technicians, follow instructions for creating custom shade recipe to match a prototype per client specifications. Learn and apply knowledge of known raw materials and their functions, and experience in formulating lab batch scale-ups. Learn how to calculate quantities of materials needed, weighing materials, compounding materials using mixers and roller mills, and prepare samples.
- Assist senior lab technicians in performing necessary testing, monitoring test results, and communicating necessary information. Accurately document procedures and changes to formulations. Input all necessary information in current computer systems. Prepare samples for shipment to client for approval. Responsible for administrative tasks such as documenting formulation modification and shade matching results, specifications, and final formula process procedures in a standard format for inclusion in SAP.
- Clean and sanitize per cGMp standards and requirements. Maintain clean work area by demonstrating good housekeeping practices. Promote and participate in continuous improvement activities and projects.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to enhance cost savings through processes and procedures to support quality compliance, increase efficiency and productivity, and maximize results.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education: High school diploma or GED required. Must be able to demonstrate basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, percentages, and use of US and Metric measurement. Must be able to demonstrate ability to calculate % to weight ratios using base to colorants. Must demonstrate reading comprehension and the ability to consistently take a set of written or verbal instructions and apply those to a process. Must be able to speak, read/comprehend, and write in English.
Experience: Up to 1 year of Shade Matching/R&PD Lab Tech experience required. Once initial training is complete, individual must be able to demonstrate the ability to successfully color match formulas with little or no supervision and use common lab equipment and tools such as: hot plates, roller, mills, mixers, and thermometers.
Other: Must be able to pass color hue test.
Functional Competencies: Basic math, Good PC knowledge and use, decision making, cooperation, collaboration, communication, team work, read and follow instructions, accuracy, attention to detail, prioritizing, organization skills, initiative (self-starter), and ability to multitask.
Getting the CL designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a CL .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.