Rue Gilt Groupe
|Company Name:||Rue Gilt Groupe|
|Job Location:||Boston, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Rue Gilt Groupe is seeking a Senior Accounting Manager in Boston, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
THE ROLE: Senior Accounting Manager
We’re looking for…
A Senior Accounting Manager who will work with key business leaders on the company’s day-to-day financial activities. Reporting directly into the VP Controller, you will be responsible for ensuring monthly financial statements are complete, accurate and in compliance with GAAP. We are seeking an inquisitive, self-directed, organized and energetic accounting professional to join our Finance team!
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for the monthly accounting close process
- Prepare journal entries, analysis and reconciliations of accounts
- Interact with operational departments to gather all relevant financial data to ensure timely and accurate monthly reporting
- Prepare monthly financial reporting package and variance analysis
- Communicate with key business leaders and play an active role in the monthly actuals vs. budget review meetings
- Manage fixed asset register in PeopleSoft, reconcile to GL, prepare fixed assets rollforward
- Assist with annual external audit and sales & use tax compliance and audits. Complete requested materials and assist in preparing assigned schedules and gathering requested support for the audits
- Work closely with the Strategic Planning team and assist in the forecast and budgeting process
- Identify process improvement opportunities and lead process improvement efforts to increase accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency of month end close
- Contribute to department and company on special projects
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness and innovation. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow and bring their full self to work. Even if you don’t check off every qualification in the job description, that’s okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you and sparks delight! We can’t wait to learn more about you.
- 8+ years accounting experience within an ecommerce, retail or CPG environment
- Knowledge of major accounting software packages for general ledger accounting. PeopleSoft and Avalara experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Deep analytical capabilities, with advanced Excel expertise
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams, business leaders, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
- Capacity to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY, CA and Dublin offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupe’s policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated and proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered.
Getting the Senior Accounting Manager designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Senior Accounting Manager.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.