|Company Name:||Performance Foodservice|
|Job Location:||Taunton, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Performance Foodservice is seeking a CDL Class B Delivery Driver in Taunton, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
The Delivery Driver – Class B will drive a tractor trailer or straight trucks on intrastate and interstate local, Over The Road (OTR), shuttle, and overnight and drive and drop routes for the purpose of delivering and/or unloading food and food related products to customers in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Communicates and interacts with customers, vendors and co-workers professionally ensuring questions are answered accurately and in a timely manner. Functions as a team member within the department and organization, as required, and perform any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Position Responsibilities May Include, But Not Limited To
- Perform “pre-trip safety check” inspection of truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect cab and trailer to insure they meet company quality standards and take appropriate action as needed.
- Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate and in legible fashion all the required paperwork associated with freight. Move tractor to the loading dock and attach preloaded trailer as needed.
- Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route and delivery schedule.
- Unload products from the trailer transport items into designated customer storage areas. Perform damage control checks on items and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy. Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors.
- Unload damaged goods and customer returns at the driver check-in dock and complete necessary paperwork. Unload pallets, insulated blankets, Power Walker / Hand carts and remove trash from trailers as required.
- Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in accordance with Federal DOT, state and company requirements.
- Perform “post trip safety check” on the vehicle, secure tractor and trailer and / or “Red Tag” for repair or maintenance as needed. Perform general housekeeping duties in cab, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required. At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Performance Foodservice Benefits Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision start day one!
- Company Matched 401k
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Purchasing Perks
- Unlimited Growth Opportunities and More!
Click Here for a Job Preview
- High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
- Valid CDL-B
- Must be 21 years of age
- Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
- Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
- Pass road test
- Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
- Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location
Getting the CDL Class B Delivery Driver designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a CDL Class B Delivery Driver.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.