|Company Name:||Northwest Bank|
|Job Location:||Bellevue, PA|
|Job Posted Date:||01-02-2023|
Northwest Bank is seeking a Sr. Credit Underwriter in Bellevue, PA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
The Sr. Credit Underwriter – Equipment Finance is responsible for spreading financial statements, analyzing large ticket equipment secured commercial loan requests, recommending appropriate risk ratings, and assessing and/or providing written recommendations regarding all aspects (components) of loan structure, for the equipment finance portfolio. This individual will complete new money requests, modifications, change memos, annual reviews, and lines of credit renewals, for the equipment finance portfolio. While this is an individual role, the Underwriter is part of a team that works together to support the equipment finance group and will interact with individuals across the Bank.
Experience in one or more industries such as the transportation, inland marine, construction, and aviation industries would be a plus.
- Prepare the appropriate credit memorandum
- Spread, review, and analyze financial statements for new loans, maturity extensions, restructures, and renewals
- Conduct annual reviews and recommend appropriate risk ratings
- Assess or recommend proper loan structure, including appropriate covenant formulas and definitions
- Identify credit strengths, weaknesses, and mitigating factors
- Assist in determining the appropriate level of underwriting and due diligence for the credit’s risk profile
- Meet or exceed established service level expectations
- Assist lenders with business development by participating in joint calls as needed
- Work closely with internal and external parties, including account executives, other underwriters, credit officers, transaction coordinator’s, loan operations, internal and external counsel, appraisers, syndication partners, and other 3rd parties.
- Maintain a working knowledge of macroeconomic issues in local markets and regional industries
- Review commitment letters for accuracy and alignment with loan approval conditions prior to issuance to customers.
- Possess solid organization skills, maintaining files appropriately including Northwest shared drives, deal folders, and official electronic document management files.
- Ensure complete data and document integrity
- Ensure Northwest’s Credit Risk Policy is followed and report any adverse credit-related trends to upper management
- Identify and track loan and credit policy exceptions
- Maintain excellent working knowledge of all software including Signature, nCino, Nautilus, and any others as appropriate
- Monitor, develop, and suggest revisions to workflows and procedures as necessary to enhance efficiency and minimize expenses
- Identify potential for credit losses and mitigating risk accordingly
- Analyze commercial loan request and recommending and supporting the appropriate risk rating
- Recommend appropriate loan structure
- Complete annual reviews and line of credit renewals as per policy
- Remain current on all banking rules and regulations relating to Credit Administration
- Remain current with compliance regulations and economic conditions as they relate to commercial lending
- Participate in special projects as required
- All other responsibilities as assigned.
Education + Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in commercial credit underwriting or public accounting
- Equipment finance experience, leasing experience and transportation, marine and/or aviation preferred
- Experience analyzing business financial statements
- Experience working with clients and managing a credit portfolio
LocationThis position may be performed in a Hybrid capacity out of any office in our footprint including, but not limited to: Pittsburgh, PA; Erie, PA; State College, PA; Buffalo, NY; Cleveland, OH; Columbus, OH; Indianapolis, IN.
Getting the Sr. Credit Underwriter designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Sr. Credit Underwriter .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.