|Company Name:||MVM, Inc.|
|Job Location:||El Paso, TX|
|Job Posted Date:||01-02-2023|
MVM, Inc. is seeking a Travel Youth Care Worker in El Paso, TX. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
About MVM, Inc.
Service, Support, Success are the pillars upon which MVM’s founders built the company, and they continue to serve as MVM’s core values. Along with our uncompromising insistence on integrity and ethical business practices, these values make us the service provider of choice for our customers and the employer of choice for our dedicated team members.
Working at MVM, Inc. takes a certain kind of person; we want someone who identifies with our values and is willing to challenge themselves both personally and professionally. We seek employees who are passionate about serving and making a difference in lives of others.
We are looking to add a Travel Youth Care Worker. If you can envision joining a team where you will have the opportunity to provide mission driven results; then we are looking for you!
Here’s what you need to be successful in this role:
- Coachable: You are open to constructive criticism, with a strong desire to implement and sustain feedback by others, with ability to follow a workflow process
- Customer service orientated: You understand the value of a relationship by building trust and relating to the customer to ensure the conversation progresses properly
- Committed: You have the passion and perseverance for what you want to accomplish
- Supportive Mentality: Be honest, act with integrity, and keep the conversation focused on helping and nurturing children
- Frequent Travel: As required to fulfill the obligations and responsibilities of the position with a minimum of four (4) days consecutively at a time and with short notice
- Critical Duties: Support responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations. Necessary responsiveness will
What You will Get to Do!!The Travel Youth Care Worker (TYCW) must have a compassion for children and are passionate about serving and making a difference in the lives of others. Provide humble care and service to unaccompanied children and teens, while you are accompanying them on domestic flights and/or via ground transportation to facilities all over the country. During these trips, the TYCW use their language skills to communicate in a way that is culturally sensitive, while fostering a safe and comfortable environment. The TYCW completes all paperwork and standard operating procedures to for the transportation, securing their personal property, and any medication; provides an orientation; ensures the physical, emotional, and health needs are met; vigilant of surroundings at all times; sets behavioral expectations, provides consistent, and appropriate behavioral guidance. The TYCW reports on trip progress throughout the transport and submits a final report upon completing every trip.
Key functions you will perform!
- Responsible for the safe and secure transportation of unaccompanied minor(s) and families in a humane manner and in accordance with MVM’s established transportation by land and air policies and procedures
- Ensures that an orientation is provided to all children and families in a language they understand
- Reviews the documentation to ensure it contains all information needed for travel
- Completes, verifies, and provides documentation to all parties involved
- Prepares to work with uncooperative individuals in both controlled and uncontrolled situations.
- Prepares meals and snacks for the children and/or family units for the duration of the transport.
- Logs transportation details, such as medication, meals offered, eaten, and refused.
- Provides clean and appropriate clothing based upon weather conditions at destination location.
- Reports into the Command Center at established check points and advices on any changes, disruptions or concerns throughout the transportation route. Logs information.
- If applicable, maintains a medication log for the UAC and or family members to include the type of medication, the numbers of times the medication is administered throughout the transport and any irregularities from what the prescription directs.
- Employees may be assigned to overnight, weekends, or holiday shifts to support 24/7 operations.
What You Will Need To Have
- Associate degree in an appropriate discipline from an accredited college (a high school diploma with one or more years of extra relevant experience may be substituted for an associate degree)
- Have at least two (2) years of documented experience in a field related to social work or similar occupational area; as well as certification, licensure, and credentials applicable to the professional accreditation of the position, if applicable (a minimum of three years of experience in a related field is required when a high school diploma with one or more years of relevant experience is substituted for an associate degree)
- Available for domestic travel 100% required. International travel voluntary
- Ability to comprehend and speak (both) Spanish and English fluently
- Ability to pass a Government Security Background Investigation and including a favorable credit check
- Possess a valid and current driver’s License.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card/Permanent resident. Non-U.S. Citizen must have lived in the US for 3 out of the past 5 years
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Security Clearance
- Favorable credit check
These requirements are thoroughly reviewed during the employment screening process. Acceptance for this opportunity is dependent upon meeting all qualification/selection criteria.
- Paid training, fun, talented and driven teammates
- Knowledgeable, encouraging, and present leadership
- A diverse and community-minded organization
- Career growth and learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- A competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized, and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Recruiting Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
If you have what it takes, apply now!!If you have 2 years of work history or volunteer history listed below, we are looking for you.
Foster Care Service
Youth Sports, Fitness and, Recreational Instructor
Aviation Security Officer (TSA)
Child Development Specialist
Youth Care Worker
National Guard / Reserves
Child and Family Services
Church Youth Leader
Recovery Support Specialist
School Bus Drivers
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
MVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Getting the Travel Youth Care Worker designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Travel Youth Care Worker .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.