|Company Name:||Munich Re|
|Job Location:||New York City Metropolitan Area|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Munich Re is seeking a Head of Systems Transformation in New York City Metropolitan Area. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
- We will consider candidates in New York City and Princeton, NJ.
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) provides extensive, specialty property and casualty insurance solutions to customers through select brokers, Managing General Agents, program administrators, cover holders and insurtech partners. Products include: property, casualty, professional liability and other specialty insurance solutions. Our comprehensive, customized solutions are provided by A+ rated carriers and are tailored to clients’ needs. We offer superior service levels, industry-recognized underwriting and claims expertise and innovative approaches to complex and evolving risks.
Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) is a description for the insurance business operations of affiliated companies in the Munich Re Group that share a common directive to offer and deliver specialty property and casualty insurance products and services in North America. For more information on MRSI, including licensing, regulatory-required, and other information on the operating companies, visit https://www.munichre.com/us-non-life/en/general/munich-re-specialty-insurance-disclosures.html.
The Head of Systems Transformation is responsible for driving the Company’s current systems landscape forwards to an end-state vision that modernizes, transforms and simplifies the IT systems landscape. This role is a key member of the technology leadership team and reports to the Chief Information Officer of Munich Re Specialty Insurance.
The right candidate will have strong influencing skills and be future focused. He/she must act as the face of transformation, setting the tone, inspiring the team, communicating and showcasing progress and encouraging change adoption thereby bringing the team along for the transformation journey.
The end-state IT landscape is cloud first and cloud focused to support the Company’s goal to become a premium digital insurer that leverages data driven insights to make decisions about current and future risks.
- Model, evaluate and lead transformation initiatives in collaboration with leaders across MRSI IT.
- Collaborate with the Transformation Management Office to ensure alignment and present initiatives for management approval and prioritization.
- Partner with peers to mobilize resources, develop systems transformation journey maps for corresponding business capabilities and drive said journey maps via transformation initiatives to deliver the intermediate and end states for each transformation.
- Commit to delivering a systems landscape for Munich Re Specialty Insurance that is Munich Re data center independent within 3 to 5 years.
- Work closely with the Office of the CIO (OCIO) to lead the financial (planning, budgeting and reforesting), project and organization tasks requested by the OCIO.
- Collaborate with senior executives across the organization to develop consensus and drive adoption of the transformed systems landscape.
- As a seasoned leader, even if no direct reports, be accountable to lead, mentor and provide career development for MRSI IT staff.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science / Information Systems specialization preferred
- 7+ years of senior management experience and 15+ years of relevant industry experience
- Comprehensive understanding of the MRSI landscape and detailed knowledge of how the unit operates today is highly preferred
- Highly organized, energetic, and charismatic change leader, who has the ability to unite a team around a specific objective and build partnerships.
- Experience in financial planning, forecasting and expense controlling in an IT environment.
- Knowledge of product and project management principles and practices.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to share a vision and convince others to embrace and embed in their organization.
- Consulting and collaborative working style creating a culture of accountability and sharing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization and simplify complex concepts and issues.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment, dealing with ambiguity.
- Experience leading, coaching and communicating to teams in order to drive effective, efficient and value realized change across an organization.
- Proven track record of leading and delivering multiple complex, enterprise-wide business or technology change management programs.
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
The Company is open to considering candidates in NYC. The salary range posted below applies to the Company’s NYC location.
The base salary range anticipated for this position is $233,500 to $342,400, plus opportunity for company bonus based upon a percentage of eligible pay. In addition, the company makes available a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, 401k match, retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
The salary estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for candidates hired in this position in NYC. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. Most candidates will start in the bottom half of the range.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company – that’s among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re’s US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world’s preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Getting the Head of Systems Transformation designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Head of Systems Transformation.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.