|Company Name:||Munich Re|
|Job Location:||New York, NY|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Munich Re is seeking a Product Tech Cofounder in New York, NY. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Venture Builder (Product & Tech Focus)
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
As a member of Munich Re’s Global Innovation Team, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world’s preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Future focused and always one step ahead
Munich Re US Venture Building Team is looking for a passionate entrepreneur / intrapreneur with a focus on emerging technology and new product development to join an existing venture team working on a net new business. Venture Builders of more advanced Ventures are responsible for co-leading a specific Venture team in launching and scaling a new business to accelerate our enterprise growth initiatives. Venture Builders use their entrepreneurial skills and experience along with an experimental mindset, to get to the commercial truth to build out ventures. You can expect a test-and-learn environment, with rapid experimentation to drive progress.
This will be a high profile, high impact opportunity that’s exciting and professionally rewarding.
The ideal candidates will be:
- Hands-on doers, with experience in building and scaling new businesses
- Self-starters, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Driven by results to build commercially viable ventures
- Passionate about the user/customer needs
- Experienced in creating and executing a vision and gaining senior leadership buy-in
- Inquisitive and curious, excited about testing out new ideas and concepts using a rigorous, test-and-learn approach
- Able to lead through influence and drive business results in an environment with competing priorities
- Able to drive progress over perfection but with calculated risk-taking
- Analytical thinkers, with the ability to synthesize and simplify complex information to drive progress
- Highly adaptable to new methods and ways of working, highly collaborative putting team results over personal gain
- Able to navigate organizational matrix, challenging the status quo to drive speed to learning
- Passionate about role modelling the entrepreneurial mindset and approach
- Share responsibility with another Venture Builder(s) to oversee extended team of 5+, including the engineering team.
- Lead the venture’s product strategy and execution of enterprise technology and software development efforts
- Collaborate closely with our co-creation beta partners in understanding and addressing their primary pain points, collecting product requirements, mapping our feature development and documenting customer needs.
- Develop and execute a product strategy, aligning to the overarching product roadmap, while prioritizing across releases in ensuring a cohesive and consistent user experience.
- Collaborate with developers, designers and project managers in translating the product strategy into targeted outcomes, working with the team in achieving those outcomes.
- Be a champion for the innovation process and clearly and effectively role model entrepreneurial behaviors
- Report to key Munich Re stakeholders on progress and hurdles of the venture’s growth
- Passionate about applying technology to solve customer needs and create valuable new businesses
- Support the development of strategies to create a scalable business
- The successful candidate will possess the following skills/capabilities:
- 8+ years of experience in new product development with emphasis on SaaS products / services and/or relevant experience in related field (i.e., ESG, sustainability, fintech, insurtech, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience required in design management, product design, computer science, engineering, and/or related field
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product lifecycle as well as conducting agile ceremonies in a regular cadence.
- Experience working within and/or managing a team of digital designers, software developers, customer insights, software testing and/or ongoing software maintenance
- Ability to leverage either Jira or Azure DevOps in managing backlog and grooming requirements.
- Good understanding of application security and regulatory compliance (PCI, PII)
- Strong knowledge of DevOps, cloud infrastructure services (Azure preferred)
- Familiarity with integrated and automated regression testing
- Proven success in breaking down complex problems into hypotheses, developing clear plans for validation, using data to refine concepts
- Superior interpersonal, presentation and communication skills across all levels of senior management, including the executive levels.
- Able to translate technical/entrepreneurial jargon making it actionable & clear
- Proven ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovation, totally comfortable operating in ambiguous and unregimented environments
- Highly motivated and action-oriented with strong problem solving and analytical skills
The Company is open to considering candidates in numerous locations, including NYC. The salary range posted below applies to the Company’s NYC location.
The base salary range anticipated for this position is $182,900 – $268,200, plus opportunity for company bonus based upon a percentage of eligible pay. In addition, the company makes available a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, 401k match, retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO). Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.
Getting the Product Tech Cofounder designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Product Tech Cofounder.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.