|Company Name:||Munich Re|
|Job Location:||New York, NY|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Munich Re is seeking a Innovation Strategist in New York, NY. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Innovation is a key pillar of Munich Re’s future strategy, and the Global Innovation department plays a key role in shaping Munich Re’s future by creating new ventures and supporting Munich Re units in innovation management. The US Venture Building unit follows the mission to enable innovation across Munich Re in the US by providing a state-of-the art innovation infrastructure and support environment from ideation over incubation to acceleration.
We’re adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
Part of Munich Re’s Global Innovation Team, the US Venture Building unit offers the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world’s preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help our clients stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
We are looking for an innovation professional with experience in business model innovation, strategy development as well as excellent methodological skills and experience in ideating and building new businesses/ventures. We define Digital and Data Trust as building confidence with consumers, partners and employees in an organization’s ability to securely transact in a digital medium. Our focus is on leveraging technology to build businesses that foster and facilitate this trusted relationship. Critical business data, processes and relationships are managed using interconnected digital systems. Our digital trust ventures are exploring how we can help businesses operate with confidence. We foster learning about new technologies that integrate digital and data trust into complex business ecosystems.
- Global Strategic Subject Matter Expert in respective innovation playing field – Digital and Data Trust
- Actively initiate and drive the identification of new business ideas (core, adjacent, disruptive) in line with our innovation strategy and focus for Digital and Data Trust-related activities
- Advise Munich Re units and innovation topic champions on how to approach business model ideas and suitable ideation techniques ats to be applied to actively generate ideas (e.g. co-ideation with company builders) within a defined playing field
- Be a strategic subject matter expert with respect to Digital and Data Trust as an innovation playing field with deep knowledge and experience with regards to relevant trends, emerging business opportunities, startup/VC landscape and developments, knowledge about the respective innovation ecosystem, Munich Re’s assets and capabilities, etc.
- Develop and maintain an aligned innovation playing field strategy that Digital and Data Trust has to offer for us including the identification of strategically relevant new business opportunity spaces in the playing field – in close collaboration with the Data Analytics Team and with all relevant stakeholders and experts from across the Munich Re Group
- Prioritize opportunity spaces – in alignment with Data Analytics (DAA) – as the basis for subsequent systematic ideation and venture building. Create a domain overview which helps connect the dots between the group-wide playing field’s relevant initiatives.
- Run innovation activities/initiatives/ventures across the Munich Re group in close cooperation with DAA (focused on providing the technological expertise)
- Connect with the relevant innovation ecosystem (academic institutions, research bodies and think tanks, accelerators, tech companies) and cooperate closely with Munich Re’s Innovation Scouts in centers of innovation around the world to develop subject matter expertise / knowledge; team up with Venture Builders to initiate ideation/venture building
- Experience as an innovation professional or in innovation-related roles with strong acumen in strategic trends for innovation and new business models – developed either in business development, Venture Capital, as a founder or as strategy consultant.
- Sound methodological skills and practical experience in innovation techniques as well as in venture or business model building. Experience in strategy building processes and strong talent in systemizing and presenting strategic concepts
- Current, real world experience with the trends, issues and technologies in any of the following: artificial Intelligence, natural language processing, IoT, cyber, Metaverse, Web3; DeFi, NFT/gaming; crypto; Enhanced and virtual Reality; smart contracts. This ideally includes practical, hands-on experience as product owner, founder or similar roles.
- Excellent networking and communication skills, an integrative personality which knows how to bring together diverse groups of experts and stakeholders as well as strong leadership skills to advise business units, venture leads and innovation project teams
- Dynamic, dedicated and committed to working independently on rapidly changing innovation initiatives as well as tech-savvy, highly creative and able to “think outside the box”
- Proven track record of synthesizing disparate views/insights/data, creating a cohesive narrative, plan and outcome
- Superior interpersonal, presentation and communication skills across all levels of senior management, including the executive levels.
- Able to translate technical/entrepreneurial jargon, making it actionable & clear
- Highly motivated and action-oriented with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of Munich Re’s innovation-portfolio; risk taking/insurance expertise would be an advantage, but not a must
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Munich Re America Services, Inc. is a services provider to affiliated group companies primarily related to general services, procurement and IT services.
Getting the Innovation Strategist designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Innovation Strategist .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.