|Company Name:||Munich Re|
|Job Location:||Atlanta, GA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Munich Re is seeking a Senior Claims Consultant in Atlanta, GA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
We are adding to our diverse team of experts and are looking to hire those who are committed to building a culture that enables the creation of innovative solutions for our business units and clients.
Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) provides extensive, specialty property and casualty insurance solutions to customers through select brokers, Managing General Agents, program administrators, cover holders and insurtech partners. Products include: property, casualty, professional liability and other specialty insurance solutions. Our comprehensive, customized solutions are provided by A+ rated carriers and are tailored to clients’ needs. We offer superior service levels, industry-recognized underwriting and claims expertise and innovative approaches to complex and evolving risks.
Munich Re Specialty Insurance (MRSI) is a description for the insurance business operations of affiliated companies in the Munich Re Group that share a common directive to offer and deliver specialty property and casualty insurance products and services in North America. For more information on MRSI, including licensing, regulatory-required, and other information on the operating companies, visit https://www.munichre.com/us-non-life/en/general/munich-re-specialty-insurance-disclosures.html.
The Senior Claims Consultant is an important part of our growing Munich Re Specialty Insurance Claims team. The Senior Claims Consultant is responsible for oversight of delegated authority arrangements, including MGA and TPA accounts and programs, across multiple lines of business. Oversight responsibilities include: auditing claims, hosting file review sessions, participating in round-table discussions, analyzing claim metrics and trends, publishing reports, coordinating account replenishment, conducting vendor audits, and designing, implementing, and managing corrective action plans for identified adverse claim-handling practices or results within the delegated authority.
Major responsibilities include:
- Conduct targeted Claims Technical File Reviews to score the MGA and/or TPA on the quality and efficiency of claim handling, and on their adherence to best practices, guidelines, referral criteria, service level agreements and other applicable contractual terms.
- Monitor and evaluate the MGA’s and/or TPA’s claims performance and results on loss, ALAE and ULAE.
- Identify adverse trends and loss deterioration, and design and implement specific action plans.
- Present detailed overview of claims and decision points to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in coordinating and conducting audits of the MGA’s and/or TPA’s claims performance, providing audit report and feedback, and developing and implementing improvement plans where necessary.
Successful candidates will be possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years successful claim-handling experience in Property & Casualty.
- 2+ years successful experience in a Claims Supervisor or Manager role.
- Outstanding communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Fluency and above-average skills using Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Understanding of core, technical claims proficiency and execution of best claim practices.
- Strong analytical thinking, advocacy and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and remain self-motivated in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong business acumen and ability to collaborate with other departments and vendors.
- Innovative, dynamic and growth mindset.
- Position is located in Atlanta, GA
At Munich Re US, we see Diversity and Inclusion as a solution to the challenges and opportunities all around us. Our goal is to foster an inclusive culture and build a workforce that reflects the customers we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We strive to provide a workplace where all of our colleagues feel respected, valued and empowered to achieve their very best every day. We recruit and develop talent with a focus on providing our customers the most innovative products and services.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Founded in 1917, Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. is one of the largest reinsurers in the United States. Munich Reinsurance America, Inc. has earned the A+ (Superior) financial strength rating from A.M. Best Company – that’s among the highest in the industry. Over 1,000 employees serve our clients from our Princeton, New Jersey campus and regional offices throughout the United States.
As a member of Munich Re’s US operations, we offer the financial strength and stability that comes with being part of the world’s preeminent insurance and reinsurance brand. Our risk experts work together to assemble the right mix of products and services to help you stay competitive – from traditional reinsurance coverages, to niche and specialty reinsurance and insurance products.
Getting the Senior Claims Consultant designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Senior Claims Consultant.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.