Milwaukee Public Schools
|Company Name:||Milwaukee Public Schools|
|Job Location:||Milwaukee, WI|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Milwaukee Public Schools is seeking a PARAPROFESSIONAL in Milwaukee, WI. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Greenfield School is actively recruiting candidates for one paraprofessional position providing academic and behavioral support to students assigned to a self contained classroom or bridging unit.
A Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS) paraprofessional engages in activities with regular and special education students which support and individualize the teaching-learning process in the district.
These are 30 hour per week, benefit eligible position requiring eligible applicants to hold 48 college credits or to have successfully completed one of the following Paraprofessional Assessments: WorkKeys ACT, ParaPro Assessment ETS, Paraeducator Master Teacher.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should complete all sections of the application including the online submission of a current resume.
At the time of hire, the selected candidate will need to submit three (3) letters of recommendation dated within the last year and signed by the author and copy of official transcripts verifying the required 48 credits or passing score report on one of the three assessment options.
Eligible applicants will need to have completed 48 college credits or successfully completed of one of the following Paraprofessional Assessments:
- WorkKeys ACT
- ParaPro Assessment ETS
- Paraeducator Master Teacher
As of November 1, 2021, all MPS employees are required to be fully vaccinated. The health and safety of our staff and students is our number one priority.
All offers of employment are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an accommodation from the vaccine requirement.
- Assists classroom teachers in instructing pupils in the following ways: (a) Tutoring pupils in need of “special help” on a one-to-one basis as determined by the teacher; (b) Tutoring pupils in small groups for the purpose of improving reading, writing and general language arts skills as determined by the teacher; (c) Administering “make-up” tests and assignments for returning pupils and assisting such pupils with “make-up” work; (d) Helping pupils with “special” or “class” project and assisting them in developing research skills.
- As directed by teachers or department chairpersons, prepares study outlines, tests, reading lists, previews movies and assists in textbook evaluation.
- Proctors general classroom, study and library reading activities as assigned; proctors tests as directed.
- Corrects theme folders, written exercises, tests, etc., as directed.
- Provides specialized group and individual instruction, if so assigned, in such areas as instrumental music and bilingual activities for Spanish speaking pupils.
- Assists in developing and maintaining research centers (libraries) for various academic departments such as English and Social Studies.
- Assists teachers and department chairpersons in locating instructional materials (books, magazines, articles, pictures, etc.) for use in regular or experimental classroom activities.
- Assists and operates audiovisual equipment for instructional purposes in the classroom.
- When the need occurs, temporarily assists the school administration in maintaining order within the school building.
- Under professional supervision, engages in activities which promote communication and understanding between school and community.
- Actively supports the MPS strategic Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Milwaukee Public Schools does not discriminate in its programs, activities, facilities, employment, or educational opportunities on the basis of a person’s sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or disability. Reasonable accommodations requested by qualified individuals with disabilities will be made in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, as amended by the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) of 2008.
In accordance with Wisconsin Statutes, every applicant for a position with Milwaukee Public Schools will be subject to the open records law. Any applicant not wishing to have his/her identity released, must submit a written statement to that effect to the Office of Human Resources. The identities of all “final candidates” may be released. Milwaukee Public Schools reserves the right to interview the best qualified candidates.
Getting the PARAPROFESSIONAL designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a PARAPROFESSIONAL .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.