|Job Location:||Berkeley, CA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
MillerKnoll is seeking a Sales and Design Specialist in Berkeley, CA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Why join us?
At Design Within Reach, home comes first. We believe in creating and sourcing pieces that move with you and are meant to be enjoyed over a lifetime – from home to home, generation to generation. For us, that means exceptionally crafted, built-to-last, and beautifully designed furnishings.
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It’s the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Design Within Reach means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We are redefining modern for the 21st century. And our success allows Design Within Reach to support causes that align with our values, so we can build a more sustainable, equitable, and beautiful future for everyone.
Our Full-Time Sales & Design Specialist receives a competitive base rate and a no-cap commission on your items that are shipped. You will also be eligible for our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, parental leave, commuter benefit up to $150 per month, 401k w/4% match, employee discounts, and more.
Studio Hours: Sunday through Saturday
About this Opportunity:
Do you have a passion for interior design and enjoy building relationships in the local design community, then our Design Within Reach Studio is the place for you. Our Sales & Design Specialist are product and sales experts who work to tell the story behind our iconic products by esteemed designers such as Charles and Ray Eames and Jens Risom as well as leading manufacturers like HermanMiller and Knoll. You will work strategically to expand your client’s connection to our brand and facilitate outreach in your local design community. As a Sales & Design Specialist you will report to the Studio General Manager.
What you’ll do:
You’ll have opportunities to:
- Grow your business through outreach and networking within the local design community. Utilize company programs and tools to manage the full client lifecycle to meet and exceed your sales goals.
- Assist in maintaining the Studio’s design and visual standards using merchandising guidelines.
- Facilitate the Design Within Reach client experience and become an expert on educating clients on each product’s story and details.
- Attending Studio meetings, product trainings, and utilizing the Design Within Reach website and catalog to increase product and design knowledge as well as industry awareness.
- Travel for in-home client consultations and visits to local trade professionals.
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following:
- Background in retail sales or customer success preferred.
- Background in interior design preferred.
- Ability to identify client needs, problem solve, communicate with internal and external parties both verbally and in writing explaining product features and benefits.
- Experience with a POS system and proficiency with MS Office software, web navigation and 3D rendering programs preferred.
- Able to routinely move objects weighing over 20 pounds and to understand safety requirements.
Who We Hire?
Simply put, we hire everyone. Design Within Reach is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We’re committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.
A starting compensation range for this role is $16.05 – $20.20. Relevant salary considerations will include candidate qualifications and experience, other business/organizational needs and market factors . You may also be eligible to receive a geographic premium, annual discretionary incentive and equity awards which are subject to the rules governing these programs. The company offers a full spectrum of benefits including Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Dependent Day Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability and Other Insurance Plans, Paid Time Off (including Vacation and Parental Leave), Holidays, 401(k), and Short/Long Term Disability, in addition to other special perks reserved for our associates.
Getting the Sales and Design Specialist designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Sales and Design Specialist .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.