Mid Continent Engineering
|Company Name:||Mid Continent Engineering|
|Job Location:||Minneapolis, MN|
|Job Posted Date:||25-01-2023|
Mid Continent Engineering is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant in Minneapolis, MN. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
MID-CONTINENT ENGINEERING, LLC HAS AN OPENING FOR A SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
The Sr. Staff Accountant position plays a valuable role in the finance function of our organization. It requires a variety of accounting duties to ensure timely and accurate delivery of monthly financial statements, including booking journal entries, complex reconciliations and in-depth financial analysis.
Mid-Continent has been a supplier to first-tier OEMs within the medical, aerospace and defense industries for decades. Mid-Continent Engineering stuffs the armed forces supply chain with products of our capabilities such as precision machining, aerospace welding, chromate conversion, paint/powder coat finishing, mechanical assemblies, and other design-assist services.
A few things we have to offer:
·Five-day work week – flexible at 8 hrs. M-F or 4-9 hr. days M-Th and 4 hrs. on Fri
· Competitive Wages
· Medical, Dental & Vision for employee & family including domestic partners
· 401k with a company match
· Tuition Reimbursement
· PTO accrual starts immediately
· Yearly shoe allowance
· Referral Program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare monthly journal entries and analysis required to prepare entries; manage all aspects of the general ledger, including recurring reports, schedules, balance sheet reconciliations and reviews.
· Responsible for cash management functions; reviewing daily deposit activity, weekly check runs and A/R collections; Monitor cash flow.
· Assist with the preparation and management of the annual budget; Administer quarterly budget revisions.
· Responsible for job and inventory costing analysis
· Fixed asset and inventory systems support
· Interpret financial results and provide feedback with possible operational improvements
· Monitors and confirms financial condition by participating in audits; providing information to external auditors.
· Prepare and provide information for Sr. Management as requested to assist with specific company decision-making processes.
· Assist with Accounts Payable functions, as necessary.
· Assist with reconciling bank accounts
· Process GL entries relating to payables and cash-related entries.
· Create and maintain company bank information/ spread sheet.
· Process Minnesota Sales and Use tax
· Process, distribute and file W9’s and 1099’s
· Assist with Accounts Receivable functions, as necessary.
· Work with management and sales – calls, emails and/or mail correspondence to/from customers, as necessary, to keep accounts updated.
· Assists in researching any claims of invoice payments, charge backs, returns, etc.
· Assists in answering accounts receivable phone inquiries and follows up.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree or 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Manufacturing experience a plus.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· Solid knowledge of basic accounting functions – payables, cash application, invoicing; working with general ledger and customer/vendor accounts.
· Excellent communication skills; ability to manage calls relating to payables and receivables tactfully and effectively.
· Strong computer skills; very proficient with spreadsheets and word documents. Access proficiency a plus.
· Experience with Visual Infor or Epicor ERP/MRP software a plus.
· Customer-service oriented; good interpersonal skills
Salary: $70,000.00 – $75,000.00
Getting the Senior Staff Accountant designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Senior Staff Accountant.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.