|Company Name:||Mercy Health|
|Job Location:||Grand Rapids, MI|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Mercy Health is seeking a Social Worker (BSW) in Grand Rapids, MI. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Night shift ED Social Worker. 11p-7:30a. With every other weekend requirement
This role provides and facilitates patient care within the framework of established policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines for patients in both home and clinical settings. A high level of independent judgment is used in planning and delegating care and in the evaluation of outcomes.
What The Social Worker (BSW) Will Do
- Completes psychosocial assessment including social and emotional factors, counseling for long-range health planning and decision-making, and community service planning.
- Provides care coordination and intervention services for assigned clients.
- Comprehensively analyzes beneficiary situations requiring advanced advocacy with knowledge of community resources.
- Facilitates referrals for beneficiaries with risks in the mental health, alcohol abuse, substance abuse, or domestic violence domains. Provides professional visits for drug/substance-exposed infants.
- Provides appropriate education and access to education for clients and families.
- Arranges transportation as needed for health care, substance abuse treatment, support services, and other relevant appointments.
- Communicates information to improve knowledge of relevant health topics and to foster the motivation, skills and confidence (self-efficacy) necessary for beneficiaries to take action to improve individual risk factors and risk behaviors, and to use the health care system.
- Coordinates with other medical care providers and Medicaid Health Plans (MHPs).
What The Social Worker (BSW) Will Need
- Bachelors of Social Work
- Current Michigan licensure as a licensed Social Worker.
- One year of social work experience providing services to families, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Getting the Social Worker (BSW) designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Social Worker (BSW) .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.