|Company Name:||Mecklenburg County|
|Job Location:||Charlotte, NC|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Mecklenburg County is seeking a Sr. Department Business Analyst in Charlotte, NC. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Follow Your Calling, Find Your Career
This is an exempt (salaried) position. $76,760.00 – $115,140.00
Pay rates are based on education, skill, experience level and internal equity. Internal equity considerations include an assessment of the applicant’s salary history and qualifications in comparison to the market rate and requirements for the job.
At Mecklenburg County, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are with support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. We’re counting on YOUR unique voice and perspective to help Mecklenburg County become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The Mecklenburg County Assessor’s office is an environment where you touch and enrich lives every day in countless ways. The work you do in the County Assessor’s Office directly affects every citizen in Mecklenburg County by providing fair appraisals of taxable property or providing funding for virtually every service in the County. Working for Mecklenburg County Assessor’s office means you will be a part of a dynamic, collaborative, and innovative team providing valuation, audit, assessment, and appeal services for an amazingly diverse population. Whatever your motivation is, working for the Assessor’s Office provides an opportunity for personal growth, professional development, and to truly make a difference in people’s lives. We welcome talented, high-energy, team and customer focused individuals to join our team and help us meet our mission to provide accurate and timely information to internal and external customers while fostering good relations with those customers and the community.”
The Sr. Business Analyst identifies, elicits, documents, and translates technology requirements based on the strategic plans and project areas for Mecklenburg County departments. This lead position, under minimal supervision, must be knowledgeable of both the business (department) needs and the related information technologies that assist in addressing those needs. Incumbents are responsible for reviewing, modifying, and recommending database and system application requirements to meet business needs, evaluating, and refining that process, and serving as a liaison between the department and IT. The incumbent will also be responsible for escalated production issues, evaluating and performing root cause analysis, and determining the best resolution. This position requires system configuration, testing, analyzing, and implementation of new functionality.
• Duties may vary depending on assignment:
• Manage and facilitate requirements gathering for medium or large-size and complex technology projects.
• Assimilate, evaluate, analyze, implement, and maintain relevant systems which are enterprise wide.
• Access the needs of assigned department and develop and improve existing computer programs to determine if more efficient processes can be implemented.
• Write reports and extract data using SQL (Structured Query Language) and provide data from software systems.
• Develop and maintain relevant procedures and standards ensuring that hardware and systems work as expected.
• Configure, diagnose, troubleshoot, and correct computer systems issues relating to software enhancements for application deployments and infrastructure upgrades.
• Administer and maintain security in the software application.
• Create training materials and provide system training to end-users.
• Create reports, extract, and import data to/from the system.
• Conduct fit-gap analyses.
• Meet with departmental subject matter experts and associated staff to document technology requirements (hardware, software, etc.).
• Write system specifications, build process maps, and capture requirements.
• Act as a liaison between the Department and County IT Services during active projects.
• Create and execute test plans/scripts.
• Support application upgrades, integrations, customer-requested enhancements, special projects, and daily production support issues.
• Support ITS technical developers with requirements definition, testing, and customer communications.
• Develop new queries, including gathering requirements, validating data, and analyzing results.
Experience: Minimum of four years of directly related experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or related to specific assignment.
Combination of relevant education and relevant experience accepted: Yes
Licenses and Certifications:
May require a valid North Carolina or South Carolina Driver’s License
• Master’s degree preferred
• Five or more years’ experience working in Technology related to the Property Assessment Office
• Experience troubleshooting Applications such as: AssessPro; NCPTS; GIS Mapping; etc.
• Five or more years’ experience with Object-Oriented Programming Language and SQL.
Must have clear understanding of the following:
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) & SQL Server Management Services (SSMS)
Candidate should be able to read/write/understand:
• SQL tools: how they work; and their functional use
• SQL Scripting & SQL error messages
• Five or more years’ full lifecycle development experience; application analysis, designing, testing, debugging, maintenance, and development
• Five or more years’ experience performing Gap analysis; Building & presenting User Stories; Programming Languages; and Database usage
• Five or more years’ experience in tax policies and procedures, accounting, and related computer systems and applications, and project management
• Communication; Research; Change Management; Requirements Gathering; Documentation development & Process mapping; and Problem Solving
• Proficiency in: O365; Operating Systems; and SW Testing
• Previous experience performing user and account administration
• Ability to perform research & analyze data within an application
• Ability to perform the analysis of existing application protocols and software tools
• Ability to provide application support in resolving issues
• Ability to assist and support in achieving departmental goals
• Ability to provide direct assistance to users in interpreting software tools and products
• Ability to participate in the testing process through unit testing, integration testing, system testing, acceptance testing, and automated test development
• Knowledge of North Carolina General Statutes relating to the assessment of Real & Personal Property
• A high level of computer literacy is necessary for this position, including the ability to utilize complex requirements gathering tools and portfolio management systems.
• Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel and/or Access
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, requirements or working conditions. Other duties may be assigned based on business need and the supervisor’s request. Mecklenburg County reserves the right to revise the job description at any time. Designated positions may be required to assist in emergency and/or disaster situations.
Mecklenburg County requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment for any new Mecklenburg County employees.
Getting the Sr. Department Business Analyst designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Sr. Department Business Analyst.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.