|Job Location:||Chicago, IL|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Mars is seeking a Category Manager in Chicago, IL. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
The Category Manager is responsible for managing category leadership solutions for Walgreens for the Mars Wrigley Confectionery businesses including Chocolate Candy, Non-Chocolate Candy, Gum, Mints, and Snacks. This role is expected to provide fact and insight-based solutions that drive growth for category, Walgreens, and Mars Wrigley. Utilizing shopper insight, opportunity identification and full understanding of products, assortment, pricing, placement, shelving, promotion, and merchandising, this role is the primary insight provider for our categories at Walgreens that lead to marketplace actions. This role will work closely with internal and external partners
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in Sales or Category Management, CPG preferred
- 1 year of business analytics experience
- Experience working with syndicated data software (i.e., IRI or Nielsen)
- Experience working in Assortment Planning or Space Management Software (i.e. Apollo, Intercept, etc)
- Experience with promotional / non promotional strategy development
- Strong communication, collaboration, and strategic problem-solving skills
- The ability to travel of 10% of the time
Nice to Have:
- 5+ years of experience in Sales or Category Management
- 2+ year of business analytics experience
- Solid knowledge of Marketing Research and Strategy
- Experience in project development and partnering with large strategic retail customers
- Shopper Insights knowledge
- Advanced data mining experience including shopper loyalty card and household panel data
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Create and plan category leadership solutions that deliver profitable sales growth for Walgreens. These solutions should include shopper and category insights across products/ assortment (everyday/ new products/ promoted), placement and everyday shelving and merchandising, pricing & Promotions.
- Influence the customer by identifying specific opportunities, assist with any research and lead project to deliver category leadership solutions benefitting both Walgreens and category
- Influence Annual Account Business Planning at Walgreens, through full partnering with sales team, by providing actionable category insights and solutions that support category leadership objectives for customer, company and category
- Identify specific research opportunities (shopper, consumer, etc.) to bring new learning to category leadership solutions
- Execute all agreed to category leadership solutions with Walgreens to include success measures and detailed follow through
- Evaluate/ monitor all customer category leadership solutions, turn analysis into recommended action and continually improve to be more effective and efficient for category and Walgreens.
- Leverage insights and resources through the utilization of a broad range of data sources, market research findings, tools, analyses, and technology to continually bring new shopper ideas to Walgreens and Mars/Wrigley; incorporate in all category solutions for Walgreens.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we are striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
- This role includes a company vehicle.
Getting the Category Manager designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Category Manager.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.