Kelly Science, Engineering, Technology & Telecom
|Company Name:||Kelly Science, Engineering, Technology & Telecom|
|Job Location:||Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill Area|
|Job Posted Date:||01-02-2023|
Kelly Science, Engineering, Technology & Telecom is seeking a Instrumentation and Control Engineer in Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill Area. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Instrumentation & Control Project Engineer | Raleigh, NC
Direct hire | Hybrid
Travel: Approximately 50% of this role is travel.
Salary range: $90,000 – $100,000
Kelly Engineering client seeks an I&C Project Engineer to work remotely for their Cary, NC office. Client is an industry leader in providing water and wastewater solutions to industrial and municipal customers.
The I&C Project Engineer will review drawings and other documents and discuss clients
requirements to determine scope of work based on customer requests, site equipment, and problems.
- Determining scope, specifying equipment, selecting instruments, PLC/HMI programming and/or checkout and configuration of controls for a project.
- Identify and resolve discrepancies between scope of work and customer’s needs.
- Coordinate project activities between site and office.
- Provide phone support and field Customer Service calls as needed.
- Design, spec, and price controls based on project requirements.
- Perform design and coordinate installations of control panels.
- Research new products required for a particular project.
- Perform start-up and troubleshooting services.
- Coordinate with other start-up personnel when required.
- Investigate and troubleshoot electrical issues with start-up and plant personnel.
- Participate in meetings to negotiate scope of work.
- Select instruments based on scope of work.
- Design or modify PLC/HMI applications to meet project scope.
- Coordinate system configuration with other system providers.
- Complete I/O checkout, instrument configuration and required documentation for project.
- Investigate and troubleshoot electrical/programming issues of existing systems.
- Implement PLC/OIT controls based on project scope.
- Coordinate site activities between PLC implementation and SCADA.
- Perform commission testing of process control system per project scope.
- Coordinate concerns with Customer Service, Process, and I&C.
- Provide tech support to plant personnel.
- Provide field reports detailing project status.
Other skills needed for this position are but are not limited to the following:
- Competency with Allen Bradley PLC hardware and software, including the ability to troubleshoot and repair hardware problems as well as interpret and modify programs.
- Competency with Allen Bradley HMI hardware and software, including the ability to modify applications as necessary.
- Have some familiarity, but preferably competent with, Modicon, GE, and Siemens PLCs and HMIs
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical issues with instrumentation, controls, and field wiring.
- Ability to interpret manuals and documentation for instrumentation installation, setup, and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with networking concepts. Need to be competent and comfortable setting up, reconfiguring, and troubleshooting standard Ethernet networks. Familiarity with Modbus, Profibus, DeviceNet, and other industrial control protocols is a plus.
- Competency with HMI software such as Wonderware, iFix, Cimplicity, RSView Enterprise, etc. Should be competent with at least one of the major HMI packages to the point where comfortable Should be familiar and comfortable with concepts such as VPN, remote control via Remote Desktop, VNC, TeamViewer, etc.
- Should have good customer relations communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Equivalent Electrical Applied Sciences Disciplines
- 5+ years experience
- Health, dental, and vision
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
All applicants applying for this job opening must be legally authorized to work in the United States and are required to have US residency at the time of application. Sponsorship is not available for this opportunity. OPT or H1B Visa is not being accepted at this time.
Getting the Instrumentation and Control Engineer designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Instrumentation and Control Engineer.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.