|Company Name:||KACE Company|
|Job Location:||Houston, TX|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
KACE Company is seeking a Urban English Linguist in Houston, TX. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
TITLE: Urban Dialect English Linguist
TRAVEL: Frequent travel around the U.S. all expenses paid!About KACE
When you make the decision to join KACE as a Linguist, you are choosing to work alongside talented professionals that have one thing in common; the passion to make a difference! KACE employees bring their diverse talents and experiences to work on critical projects that help shape the nation’s safety, security, and quality of life.
The desire to have a career that is purposeful and forward thinking is woven into every KACE employee…it’s The KACE Way. KACE employees are; purpose driven, forward focused, open-minded, trustworthy and invested.
The KACE Way is our commitment to our employees, to our customers, and to our communities. Join KACE and make a difference!
We’re looking to add an Urban Dialect English Linguist. If you can envision joining a team where you will have the opportunity to provide mission driven results; then we are looking for you!
The Role – Linguist work is impactful and critical to the safety and security of our nation with the primary four responsibilities being: Summarization
- Summarize Content – Listen to or read target language communications, and provide immediate verbal summaries to law enforcement personnel, followed by a typed, concise, and accurate synopsis of the oral and/or written communication in the government-provided computer system,
- Transcribe – Review source documents and audio/video material from storage media, including but limited to audio cassettes, videocassettes, or digital media and produce a written (typed) verbatim document of the words spoken on the source recording or contained in the written media following the required format
- Translate – With a superb degree of accuracy and expression a wide variety of complex material from the target language into Standard American English; transcriptions/translations must be court-ready.
- Monitor & Safeguard Information – Work to a professional code of ethics with confidentiality and neutrality to objectively evaluate information and make sound judgments on changing situations
Physical Demands – To perform the essential functions of the linguist job, qualified candidates must be able to perform the following: reaching, grasping, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions. Position does require the ability to read written documentation from a computer screen throughout the workday.
Work Environment – Your work location will be dependent on the TDY (travel) assignment and performed 100% onsite inside a secured, windowless Government Facility. The position requires prolonged periods of sitting at a designated workstation monitoring computer screens and entering data.
Work Schedule – The nature of the Linguist position can require 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days per year (inclusive of weekends and holidays) operation to support time-sensitive services or real-time law enforcement operations.
- Typically, the Linguist position demands three (3) shifts per twenty-four-hour period. Work shifts are not guaranteed and subject to change; therefore, a flexible working schedule is required when assigned to a project
- A complete 8-hour shift and ability to work a minimum of 32 consecutive hours a week which could include weekends
- Due to the importance of the position, employees supporting this contract are considered ESSENTIAL to the Federal Government. This means that linguists are required to work during emergency situations, including inclement weather, natural and man-made disasters, etc.
- The Federal Government and MVM does its best to provide consistent work, though it is critical all candidates realize that work is not guaranteed 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. Linguist projects are based on the needs of the Federal Government; therefore, the work is cyclical, part time and as needed basis
Results of Your Work – Will be used as a first-level analysis of information to support the mission of Federal, State, and local Law Enforcement partners.
The Prerequisites You Are Required To Have
- Ability to travel with a minimum of 30 days up to 90 days or longer based on the project.
- Ability to easily listen carefully to verbal communication and transcribe and translate that information into clear written error- free communication
- Must have knowledge of source language colloquial terms and expressions
- Aptitude to work cross functionally with MVM Management and Law Enforcement Agencies to deliver the highest quality of work under extreme pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience and high level of comfortability operating technology and learning new software applications quickly
- Proficiency in operating and maneuvering computers, laptop, smart phones and with knowledgeable use of Social media, web chat, and source language colloquial terms and expressions
- Familiar with SMS language (text message abbreviations) and single character glyphs (emoji’s) or in slang commonly used with mobile phone text messaging
- Must type 45 words per minute
- Native or near-native oral and written communication skills in English and [input preferred language]
- Organized, works with a sense of urgency and is a deadline-driven self-starter; capable of juggling multiple priorities at once and executing each to completion despite obstacles and be able to work in a team environment
- High School Diploma and one (1) year of translation experience
- Candidates that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered
Condition of employment you will:
Undergo a Government background investigation to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- No History of Drug Abuse
- Favorable credit check
- Talented, and driven teammates
- Knowledgeable, encouraging, and present leadership
- A diverse and community-minded organization
- Career growth and learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- A competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized, and empowered workforce.
These requirements are thoroughly reviewed during the employment screening process. Candidates must meet all qualifications and selection criteria.
Our COVID-19 ResponseThe health and safety of our employees, partners, and customers is our priority. We have implemented workplace safety protocols and constantly monitor the evolving situation to adjust our COVID-19 response as needed. Additionally, as a federal contractor, we have policies from certain customers that require personnel working onsite to be fully vaccinated or regularly provide negative COVID-19 test results.
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.kacecompany.com
KACE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Getting the Urban English Linguist designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Urban English Linguist.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.