Johnson & Johnson
|Company Name:||Johnson & Johnson|
|Job Location:||Horsham, PA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Communications & Public Affairs Leader, Oncology in Horsham, PA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Communications & Public Affairs Leader, Oncology to be located on-site in Horsham, Pennsylvania.
As the fastest growing Oncology company, Janssen is focused on transforming care and delivering innovative therapies for patients facing unmet medical needs to help them live longer and live better. Our robust portfolio of cutting-edge oral, biologic, and cell therapies includes novel approaches to predict, prevent, intercept, detect and potentially defeat cancer—someday changing the way cancers are treated. With more than three decades of experience in oncology, we are reimagining what is possible and working to reshape cancer from a deadly to preventable and hopefully curable disease. Our hematology portfolio includes the blockbuster therapies of IMBRUVICA and DARZALEX, CARVYKTI (Janssen’s first cell therapy), TECVAYLI (the first bi-specific for multiple myeloma) and talquetamab (anticipated approval in 2023).
The Communications & Public Affairs leader will be responsible for the development of integrated communication and public affairs (C&PA) strategies to support our hematology portfolio. Developing and managing relationships with the multiple myeloma patient advocate communities will also be a critical part of this role, which reports to the Oncology Business Unit Communications Leader (BUCL).
This role will lead Corporate Communications to elevate the reputation of Janssen Oncology, one of J&J’s fastest growing businesses, and work across the therapeutic areas/portfolio to develop insight driven engagement and communications plans, supporting content, and consistently engage our leaders to drive a proactive agenda across channels.
This person will work closely with senior- and mid-level leaders and draw on a range of capabilities, including media relations, executive speech-writing, digital engagement, public affairs and policy communications, advocacy, and influencer relations.
They will also provide communications and public affairs support for strategic projects (such as new go-to market models) and will direct internal and organizational communications for the Oncology workforce.
- Develop and implement innovative communication and public affairs strategies and programs in support of brand business objectives for our hematology portfolio
- Build partner trust through proactive advocacy efforts, with a key focus on engaging and supporting the multiple myeloma patient advocate communities.
- Identify potential brand-related issues and develop proactive issues-management strategies.
- Elevate the reputation – and positively advances the objectives of—Janssen Oncology through a proactive external leadership communications strategy.
- Develop insight driven engagement and communications plan that builds thought leadership and grows reputation/preference over time
- Develop overarching Janssen Oncology core narrative, programs and new content for use across channels
- Partner with senior and mid-level leaders to establish engagement plans, related content and counsel
- Collaborate closely with R&D colleagues to grow awareness and understanding of our scientific expertise and pipeline
- Lead review and approval processes
- Establish measurement plan and adjust to ensure success in dynamic environment
- Direct communications and public affairs agency partners and lead all aspects of related budgets
- Establish internal communications strategies to create advocacy and market-leading performance among our workforce. Oversees team to implement our internal communications plans
- Drive business growth and build partner trust/advocacy through proactive public relations
- Drive employee engagement and advocacy through powerful organizational communication: Partnering with business leaders, develop internal communication strategy and messages to inspire, engage, inform and align employees
- Shape and influence business decisions and serve as trusted advisor to mid-level leaders, including marketing leadership
- Develop and curate content that is compelling, relevant, and grounded in partner understanding and insights
- Foster the sharing of best practice and findings with cross-functional colleagues.
- Anticipate and address emerging market and internal realities to drive revenue and profitability
- Build GCPA capability and excellence: Model and inspire a continuous improvement mindset to ensure function stays on the forefront of communications, change, technology, social media and other key trends
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preference of study in Communications
Experience And Skills
- Proven performer with 10+ years of experience and growing responsibility leading regulated healthcare public relations programs in a corporate, NGO, government agency or public relations agency environment
- Proven track record of successful public relations and integrated communications strategies throughout a business’ lifecycle
- Knowledge of healthcare policy environment
- Successful track record with reputation-related programs
- Experience driving successful media relations strategies, including acting as media spokesperson
- Ability to develop successful working relationships and influence with mid- and senior-level executives
- Experience working with third parties to strengthen alliances and build unique content and programs that empower partners to take action and improve patient care
- Experience in identification of issues and proactive issues/crisis management
- Experience in leading project budgets / schedules
- 15% domestic travel is required for this position
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)
Getting the Communications & Public Affairs Leader, Oncology designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Communications & Public Affairs Leader, Oncology.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.