|Job Location:||Newark, DE|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
iConsultera is seeking a Senior Manager, Credit & Model Audit in Newark, DE. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
JOB TITLE: Senior Manager, Credit & Model Audit
JOB LOCATION: Newark DE (Onsite)
DURATION: FTE Direct Hire role
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 HOURS/PER WEEK
· We are looking for a Senior Manager, Credit & Model Audit to join Clients Internal Audit team. We are expanding our team and bringing highly-valued subject matter expertise in house – especially in critical areas for our business.
· The individual hired for this new role will apply their expertise to shape our strategy and approach for auditing credit and model processes across both the First Line of defence and Second Line of Defines. Overall, this is a truly unique opportunity to join the leading student loan provider in the United States in a vital, new role.
· The Senior Manager, Credit & Model Audit reports to the Director II, Internal Audit, and will apply their subject matter expertise to assess key credit practices and models across the company and the entire credit lifecycle.
· The ideal candidate will have significant, progressive experience in these key areas within a financial services environment. In addition, they will embody the ideals of company’s Internal Audit: Critical Thinkers, Effective Challengers, Enthusiastic Learners, Insightful Risk Advisors, and Good Colleagues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Credit Risk Subject Matter
· Provides leadership and technical expertise over Internal Audit’s assessment of the company’s credit practices related to underwriting, portfolio management and loss mitigation processes.
· Assists with the formulation of the audit coverage over credit practices as part of the annual Internal Audit risk assessment.
· Provides analytical support for deep dives into root causes and ad-hoc credit reporting.
· Provide narratives of observations and preparation of presentation materials.
· Communicates findings and recommended enhancements to business partners and review remediation
· Provides support for validation of corrective actions associated with credit-related issues
· Model Risk Subject Matter
· Provides leadership and technical expertise over Internal Audit’s assessment of the company’s practices for developing, testing, validating and governing models.
· Assists with the formulation of the audit coverage over model risk management as part of the annual Internal Audit risk assessment.
· Provides support for validation of corrective actions associated with model-related issues
Required Skills and Education:
· Undergraduate degree in statistics, economics, mathematics, quantitative sciences, or related majors
· 7+ years of progressive experience working in a financial services environment
· Experience with credit strategy, credit analytics, and/or model development or model validation in a financial services environment
· Practical experience using statistical tools (e.g., SAS, Python, R, Tableau etc.) for data manipulation, data analysis and model building
· Familiarity with credit policy, procedures, and transaction testing
· Understanding of regulatory environment and regulatory guidelines, including SR 11-7
· Financial or lending experience
· Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills with ability to conduct presentation to various levels of management
· Strong organizational skills with attention to details
· Strong team player who listens to stakeholders and works effectively towards
Getting the Senior Manager, Credit & Model Audit designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Senior Manager, Credit & Model Audit.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.