|Job Location:||San Mateo, CA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Helix is seeking a Legal Operations & Contracts Manager in San Mateo, CA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
You + Helix
Helix is a place where innovators and doers gather in order to drive significant progress in population genomics. We have come together to work at the intersection of clinical care, research, and genomics.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a meaningful impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves on driving innovation through fostering an environment with an emphasis on empowering one another to grow, Helix might be the place for you!
Helix + The World
Helix is the leading population genomics and viral surveillance company. Helix enables health systems, public health organizations and life science companies to accelerate the integration of genomic data into patient care and public health decision making.
We are continuing to scale our world-class team to support our dedication to empowering every person to improve their life through DNA.
What Is Special About This Role
The Helix Clinical Informatics team plays a pivotal role in Helix’s efforts to provide a first-in-class clinico-genomics research dataset for our partners to conduct and publish cutting-edge genomic studies. Working closely with our Research and Research Platform teams, we are responsible for the exploration, integration, and analysis of clinical information obtained from EMRs, self-reported health outcomes, claims, biomarkers, and other digital phenotypes. Together with our Exome+ sequencing data, this combined dataset will enable discovery of novel genomic risks of disease, patient finding for clinical studies, aid clinical decision support, and improve care pathways. The patient is top of mind in everything we do, and your contributions here have the opportunity to improve the real world outcomes for each and every one.
What is special about this role?As the Legal Operations and Contracts Manager at Helix, you will join a small, passionate Legal team serving a variety of clients across a dynamic and growing company in an energizing environment. You will play an essential role in managing contracts and general corporate matters, operationalizing and refining workflows, and contributing significantly to the Legal team’s level of client service and valued partnership with the business.
As The Legal Operations And Contracts Manager, You Will
- Become the go-to individual to intake queries for the Legal team, and assist with coordination and project management of key Legal team initiatives
- Manage and identify initiatives to make the Legal team more organized and efficient, including leading or assisting the Legal team’s efforts in the preparation, implementation and refinement of forms, processes and procedures
- Manage the contract life cycle, including overseeing the contracts management system, and interacting with internal and external stakeholders for contract processing, negotiation, approvals, execution, and archiving
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to support contract renewals and modifications
- Draft, update and maintain templates, playbooks and alternate provisions
- Facilitate the vendor management process and assist with negotiations of NDAs, services agreements and other vendor relationships
- Lead on the review, selection, implementation, and optimization of any legal technology and software
- Support the preparation and filing of corporate registrations and licenses, including tracking key dates
- Coordinate other legal and administrative matters with business groups and outside counsel
- Perform other special assignments, research queries, and strategic cross-functional projects and coordination
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 4 years of experience as a paralegal, legal assistant, or contracts manager in a law firm and/or in-house environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite, Macbook, and handling contract management systems (Ironclad familiarity is a plus)
- Familiarity with a wide variety of agreements, including NDAs, master services agreements, consulting agreements, and other commercial contracts
- High level of professionalism and motivation, and be able work individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
- Ability to take initiative to identify and complete tasks, even in a remote work environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects with rapidly changing priorities
- Demonstrated capacity and passion for organization and efficiency, as well as a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
What’s Important To Us
- Curiosity — we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility — we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility — flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Follow-through — we’re building a diverse team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
What Helix Has To Offer You
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, Comprehensive Health insurance package including employer sponsored HSA
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 401(k) with employer matching and 100% vested on first day
- Comprehensive Well Being benefits
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Getting the Legal Operations & Contracts Manager designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Legal Operations & Contracts Manager.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.