|Job Location:||South San Francisco, CA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Genentech is seeking a Director, Paid Media in South San Francisco, CA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Experience Operations (XO) is a functional group within Genentech Business Operations (GBO) comprised of experts who partner across Commercial, Medical Affairs and Government Affairs (CMG) to orchestrate and deliver integrated customer experiences that drive measurable business outcomes.
The Paid Media Service Director will be the work product owner of paid media services within XO. They are broadly responsible for ensuring that the paid media strategies and capabilities of XO are accelerating the organization’s progress towards delivering great customer experiences and business impact.
As the steward of the Enterprise Media Capability, the Paid Media Service Director is accountable for a practice that works with business unit leaders to understand their customer and patient engagement goals, storytelling and journey strategy, and content universe. Leveraging expertise and insights from internal and external analytics teams and media agency partners, they define an enterprise media strategy and support execution across paid channels that meets business goals at an optimal investment level. The leader of this practice is a critical influencer in the engagement and experience journey for patients and customers.
- Maximize Business Outcomes
- Design and communicate the overall vision and success of XO paid media as the product owner for paid media services
- Synthesize customer and business trends to identify short-term and long-term opportunities for XO paid media
- Develop and execute capabilities roadmaps that allow XO paid media to advance customer experiences and campaign performance
- Define and lead paid media service work products using waterfall and agile methodologies to achieve day-to-day business priorities and customer strategies
- Participate as an active member of the Digital Services leadership team and play a key role in shaping a performance-driven culture
- Influence XO and CMG Organizations
- Consult, participate and lead CMG work product teams requiring XO paid media expertise
- Collaborate across XO service teams to achieve business, patient, and customer goals
- Partner strongly with media analytics experts to develop outcomes-focused media measurement programs
- Ensure CMG leaders are clear on value proposition of XO paid media and how it can be leveraged to achieve business, patient, and customer goals
- Plan and Manage Paid Media Resources
- Own success of portfolio-wide paid media agency relationship, and media outcomes, primary accountability
- Accountable for overall resourcing strategy for XO paid media; including selection and management of strategic partners and in-house resources
- Manage budget for XO paid media services and select working media
- Set contracting strategies for paid media agency partner; provide agency guidance for enterprise-level publisher management
- Responsible for service team culture and operating principles
- Partner with Service Team Lead to advise service team members on CMG operating principles, and media-specific strategy development and execution
- Maintain a team culture of accountability and adaptability
- In conjunction with the Service Team Lead, develop change leadership strategies in support of service evolution
Skills & Competencies
- Broad expertise in all aspects of paid media including portfolio-level paid media management, campaign planning and execution, financial management, and customer experience (CX)
- Expertise in paid media marketing strategy and operations across all channels, including TV, display, search, programmatic, audio, print, POC, endemic, and emerging media solutions
- Extremely strong budget and finance management skills; large-scale agency management experience is a must
- Experience orchestrating and delivering media analytics with impactful, data-driven analyses and recommendations
- Experience in omnichannel marketing media orchestration
- Growth mindset, looking to continually learn and build expertise
- Experience with change leadership
- Ability to influence and inspire individuals across the CMG network, from front-line employees to executives
- Strong drive for results through agile planning and execution
- Ability to create capabilities plans and design fit-for-purpose solutions
- Strong customer orientation and mindset
- Position is located in South San Francisco
- Relocation Benefits are available
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other related graduate level degree preferred
- 12-15 years of experience in paid media, with strong emphasis on digital media
- Experience in the managed care, pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Experience leading teams directly and influencing without direct authority
The expected salary range for this position based on the primary location of CA is $169,100 and $265,760. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law. A discretionary annual bonus may be available based on individual and Company performance. This position also qualifies for the benefits detailed at the link provided below.Benefits
Our Operating Principles
- Put Patients First: I always act as if patients I know are in the room and do what’s best for them.
- Follow the science: I seek answers through experiments, data and debate, and act on facts.
- Act as one team: I care, collaborate and commit without boundaries, and trust others to do their part.
- Embrace differences: I seek diverse perspectives, invite opposing views, and challenge myself and others.
- Accelerate learning: I push to learn new things even if difficult, and openly share my successes and failures.
- Simplify radically: I eliminate complexity, reuse with pride, and accomplish more with less.
- Make impact now: I take accountability to do what’s right, deliver value fast, and don’t wait for certainty.
- Think long term: I choose actions today that benefit future generations
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Getting the Director, Paid Media designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Director, Paid Media.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.