|Job Location:||Moosic, PA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Geisinger is seeking a Customer Financial Specialist Associate in Moosic, PA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
This position is in a Call Center setting answering in bound phone calls and making outbound phone calls in a fast paced and dynamic environment. The position is responsible to hold engaging conversations with patients, anticipate questions, actively share information in patient friendly language, build a positive rapport and can handle problematic interactions. The specialist takes a global approach in resolving problems and actively looks for improvement opportunities for our patients.
- Provides one-stop service for Geisinger patients by providing in-depth knowledge as well as being an advocate for any issues or concerns related to processes and functions.
- Performs all accounts receivable functions including, but not limited to the collection of cash, resolution of accounts, application of discounts, setup and management of monthly installment plans, communication of and assistance with financial assistance programs.
- Validation of self-pay account status and insurance billing when necessary, and management of undeliverable patient statements while ensuring compliance with departmental policies, state and federal regulations as well as maintaining a positive patient experience.
- Works in conjunction with other areas within Revenue Management and Geisinger to ensure coordinated activities with respect to all revenue management needs and patient satisfaction.
- Works closely with various levels of staff, customers and management to assist in determining technical solutions to meet business needs.
- Educates patients on billing, insurance and regulatory issues of all complexity levels.
- Works in various billing systems to support the migration of new mergers and acquisitions.
- Maintain compliance with Federal and State Regulations as well as internal policies.
- Identifies areas were improvements can be made and takes the initiative to manage up recommendations diplomatically.
- Completes necessary assigned reports or projects and is held accountable for the tasks.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Required), Minimum of 1 year-Customer Service (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Getting the Customer Financial Specialist Associate designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Customer Financial Specialist Associate.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.