|Job Location:||Danville, PA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Geisinger is seeking a Authorization Specialist Associate in Danville, PA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Obtain and secure prior authorization for high end procedures,hospital scheduled admissions and/or specialty patients. Verifies and completes insurance verification on such studies to ensure patient has coverage prior to appointment date. Establish and maintain communication with all necessary providers, nurses, and office staff to ensure completion on all peer to peer review and denials. Acts as a liaison for all financial matters to insurance companies, departments and patients.
- Acts as coordinator between all Revenue Cycle teams and departments, Utilization Management and Care Management, Providers, various departments, clinical departments and the patients concerning activity services which are ordered by all Geisinger providers regardless of the facility.
- Completes precertification using appropriate review criteria.
- Establish and maintain communication with all Job SummaryResponsible for front line support to the department. Coordinates and performs front line office activities in an effective and efficient manner for the department. Greets and registers incoming patients, supports the patient check out process and schedules future appointments as applicable.
- Responsible for checking patients in for appointments and accurately verifying demographics.
- Assures all check-in procedures are completed and monitors patient wait times, communicating changes to the patient as necessary.
- Reads and interprets insurance responses.
- Understands general guidelines and insurance rank requirement to properly assign primary, secondary, and tertiary insurance per encounter.
- Ensures patient receives necessary disclosure and privacy information, obtains necessary legal and financial signatures.
- Communicates financial obligations to patients and collects fees at time of service as appropriate.
- Communicates the purpose of and completes all necessary regulatory forms with patient.
- Completes patient’s visit by scheduling any necessary follow up appointments to include any specialty or ancillary services as possible.
- Processes multi-channel messages related to patient and/or physician requests regarding: appointments, referrals, prescriptions, and complaints.
- Notifies patient or guarantor of anticipated financial responsibility including copays, deductibles, or coinsurances and collects accordingly.
- Performs cash posting following department guidelines.
- Abides by organizational and HIPAA guidelines, privacy practices, patient confidentiality and patient rights.
- Must maintain high regard for confidentiality.
- Accurately performs medical record maintenance and releases.
- Assists with referrals and pre-certifications, at the time of encounter.
- Properly utilizes and maintains patient recall and reschedule lists.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Getting the Authorization Specialist Associate designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Authorization Specialist Associate.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.