Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
|Company Name:||Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts|
|Job Location:||Las Vegas, NV|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is seeking a Director of Conference Services in Las Vegas, NV. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
At Four Seasons, Corporate Values are much more than a program or a policy; they define who we are and inform the decisions we make. The company’s guiding principle is the Golden Rule, and such Four Seasons strives to have a long-lasting, positive influence on the communities where we operate and the people we employ and serve around the world.
On the iconic Las Vegas strip, luxurious Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas, the first AAA Five Diamond property in Las Vegas reflects the energy and excitement of one of the world’s most vibrant cities.
FOUR SEASONS HOTELS & RESORTS
JOB TITLE: Director of Conference Services
DEPARTMENT: Conferences Services
EFFECTIVE: December 2022
To oversee all aspects of a profit and service driven Conference Services Department.
- Supervision of the Coordinators/Managers/Assistant Directors and administrative staff in their day-to-day roles. Including maintaining and monitoring the accuracy and effectiveness of all written communications. These include but are not limited to: Banquet Event Orders, Resumes, Daily Events Report, and Golden S&C Standards
- Review for accuracy and assign to the Conference Services Managers all booking turnovers from the Sales Department.
- Prepare with analysis the Catering and Conference Services weekly 3-Month financial forecast, month end financial summaries, and contribute to the annual Marketing Plan and Budget.
- Work in concert with the Director of Sales, Director of Catering and Director of Banquets for effective team collaboration, efficient group guest service, and maximum profitability.
- Evaluate current sales practices and make recommendations to maximize the profitability of the Conference Services resources.
- Oversee the monthly administration and seek new ways to motivate and maximize revenues with the Conference Services Annual Incentive plans
- Finalize the requirements of personally booked or assigned Catering and Conference Services bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up selling and ensuring effective communication both written (Resumes, BEO, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event. Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event.
- Supervise the execution of banquet events. Review all function space with Banquet Director. Ensure satisfaction of client and groups at the outset of all events. Make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance client’s needs with the financial, safety and staffing goals of the hotel.
- Find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that arise while groups are on property and keep Director of Marketing and Planning Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities and dimensions of meeting space and basic operational needs of all operating departments.
- Conduct performance evaluations and mentor Conference Service Managers, and Administrative Assistants to develop and prepare Managers and Staff for future
promotion and possible transfer within Four Seasons. Facilitate and monitor training, recommend the hiring, terminating, or disciplining of any Conference Services employee.
- Act as the liaison for all vendor/supplier related client needs, (i.e. Audio Visual, Florists, Entertainment, Transportation, DMC, Off-site Locations etc).
- Respond according to the crisis management plan to any resort emergency or safety situation.
- Comply with Four Seasons standards for sales and marketing, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and planning committee
- Comply with Four Seasons Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Assist with all inquires within the sales, marketing and catering department, including assistance with high telephone volume and walk-in site inspections.
- Maintain an active and visible role in the local business and social community to generate new business, recruit future employees and managers, and support the public relations efforts of the resort.
- Periodically host and ensure maximum effectiveness of Banquet Event Order Meetings, and Resume meetings.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
Knowledge And Skills
Education: College education preferred
Experience: 5-6 Years experience as a Catering or Conference Services Manager in a full service resort or hotel, -3 of which at the Senior or Assistant Director level or higher.
Skills and Abilities: Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English Language.
Proven interpersonal skills with a track record of successful client interactions.
Coaching and People Development Skills.
Good organizational skills
Ability to multitask
Attention to detail
High level of creativity
Ability to work long and irregular hours, weekends, and
Able to negotiate, organize, delegate & work under pressure
Basic knowledge of audio-visual equipment, telecommunication technology
Knowledge of Delphi Sales and Catering Software and Opera PMS
Computer literacy to include MS Word, Excel, and ability to use e-mail and Internet
Four Seasons is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To access the ‘EEOC is The Law’ Information poster please visit this website – https://eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Getting the Director of Conference Services designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Director of Conference Services.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.