|Company Name:||Food Lion|
|Job Location:||Greenwood, SC|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Food Lion is seeking a FT Perishable Associate in Greenwood, SC. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Address: USA-SC-Greenwood-2551 Hwy 25 S
Store Code: Store 02145 Market (7230014)
Food Lion has been providing an easy, fresh and affordable shopping experience to the communities we serve since 1957. Today, our 82,000 associates serve more than 10 million customers a week across 10 Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states.
Provide quality customer service within the Perishable Department. Responsible for maintaining standards in accordance with the standard practice manual, maximizing sales through excellent customer service and minimizing shrink through proper utilization of standard practice.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintain an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with primary emphasis on fast, friendly, and accurate customer service to create a positive shopping experience
- Courteous and helpful to other associates
- Understand and use company tools such as; average cost inventory system (ACIS) and ordering (CAO)
- Receive deliveries, code where applicable, rotate and put in appropriate storage area
- Ensure that ordering, receiving, preparation, conditioning and displaying of merchandise is done in accordance with policies and guidelines
- Maintain proper product levels in all areas within the Perishable Department including meat, lunchmeat, frozen, dairy, ice cream
- Process beef and grinds as directed from the planned production tool and as requested or needed
- Wrap, label, weigh and stock meat case as requested or needed
- Assemble, disassemble, and clean the grinder as requested or needed
- Properly clean and sanitize the department
- Maintains variety and layout standards
- Ensure that all advertising and sales promotion materials applicable to the department are properly utilized
- Maintain a complete understanding of and adherence to company guidelines, policies and standard practice
- Understand and follow Food Safety and Workplace Safety guidelines and procedures
- Observe and correct all unsafe conditions that could cause associate or customer accidents
- Report all associate and customer accidents in accordance with established Food Lion procedures to the Manager on Duty
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Wear the Food Lion uniform with apron, complete with name badge, when on duty, has a neat and clean appearance while adhering to the Food Lion dress code
- Successfully complete Computer Based Training (CBT), Training Packet and Training Aid courses
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job
- Ability to use technical information to solve problems
- Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform job functions
- Perform repetitive hand and arm motions
- Bend and lift products weighing up to 15 lbs. continuously, 25 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. on occasion
- Pull or push up to 75 lbs. on occasion
- Stand 100% of the time, frequently walking short distances
- Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning and packaging materials
- Frequent reaching and grasping at waist level: occasionally above shoulder or below waist level
- Meet established volume activity standards for the position
- Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time
Food Lion provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions) national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 262338_external_USA-SC-Greenwood
Getting the FT Perishable Associate designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a FT Perishable Associate.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.