|Company Name:||Food Lion|
|Job Location:||Virginia Beach, VA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Food Lion is seeking a PT Deli Bakery in Virginia Beach, VA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Address: USA-VA-Virginia Beach-3960 Salem Blvd
Store Code: Store 00646 Deli (7213531)
Food Lion has been providing an easy, fresh and affordable shopping experience to the communities we serve since 1957. Today, our 82,000 associates serve more than 10 million customers a week across 10 Southeastern and Mid-Atlantic states.
Provide quality customer service within the Deli Bakery Department. Responsible for maintaining standards in accordance with the standard practice manual, maximizing sales through excellent customer service and minimizing shrink through proper utilization of standard practice.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintain an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with primary emphasis on fast, friendly, and accurate customer service to create a positive shopping experience
- Courteous and helpful to other associates
- Follows all technical manuals for processing of product, label placement, etc.
- Ensure that ordering, receiving, preparation, conditioning and displaying of merchandise is done in accordance with policies and guidelines
- Ensures proper sanitation of department, equipment and proper food handling/preparation
- Understand and use company tools such as; average cost inventory system (ACIS) and ordering (CAO)
- Maintain a complete understanding of and adherence to company guidelines, policies and standard practice
- Understand and follow Food Safety and Workplace Safety guidelines and procedures
- Observe and correct all unsafe conditions that could cause associate or customer accidents
- Report all associate and customer accidents in accordance with established Food Lion procedures to the Manager on Duty
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Wear the Food Lion uniform, complete with name badge, when on duty, has a neat and clean appearance while adhering to the Food Lion dress code
- Successfully complete Computer Based Training (CBT), Training Packet and Training Aid courses
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job
- Ability to use technical information to solve problems
- Must meet minimum age requirements to perform specific job functions
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform job functions
- Perform repetitive hand and arm motions
- Bend and lift products weighing up to 15 lbs. continuously, 25 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. on occasion
- Pull or push up to 75 lbs. on occasion
- Stand 100% of the time, frequently walking short distances
- Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning and packaging materials
- Frequent reaching and grasping at waist level: occasionally above shoulder or below waist level
- Meet established volume activity standards for the position
- Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time
Food Lion provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions) national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 207591_external_USA-VA-Virginia-Beach
Getting the PT Deli Bakery designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a PT Deli Bakery.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.