FirstService Residential Georgia
|Company Name:||FirstService Residential Georgia|
|Job Location:||Atlanta, GA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
FirstService Residential Georgia is seeking a Maintenance Technician in Atlanta, GA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Perform duties to ensure that all mechanical systems and equipment are operational and properly maintained and all common areas are maintained in a clean condition, working within the limits of prescribed routines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work from instructions and complete daily work orders and required forms.
- Perform minor and routine maintenance replacement and repairs in areas of carpentry, electrical work, HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, painting, flooring, and other building repairs.
- Paint common areas and touch up as required. Inspect areas that need paint and advise manager.
- Perform casual labor, such as lifting/moving heavy items as directed by supervisors and following appropriate safety procedures.
- Inspect all assigned areas daily and report all maintenance discrepancies or deficiencies to Supervisor.
- Maintain assigned equipment in good working condition.
- Perform a variety of janitorial duties including but not limited to cleaning restrooms, assigned areas and emptying and removing trash.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalency preferred and two years general experience in building trades, repair and maintenance work; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior its use.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to respond to emergencies on a timely manner
- Ability to drive to different locations as needed
Tools & Equipment Used
Use mops, cleaning solutions, water and foam hoses, scrub pads, brushes, brooms, hand tools, and personal protective equipment as required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
This position works under indoor and outdoor conditions and exposed to elements including but not limited to, chemicals, odor, weather and environmental conditions. The associate must be able to work in an upright standing position for long periods of time, and must be able to sit, walk, crawl, climb, reach with hands and arms and lift up to 100 lbs. The incumbent must be able to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions and must be able to detect auditory and/or visual emergency alarms. The incumbent must be able to work extended and flexible hours and weekends as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work may involve some driving to different locations as needed.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Getting the Maintenance Technician designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Maintenance Technician.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.