FirstService Residential Florida
|Company Name:||FirstService Residential Florida|
|Job Location:||Fort Pierce, FL|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
FirstService Residential Florida is seeking a Recreation Leader in Fort Pierce, FL. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America’s foremost property management firm. We’re all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we’re looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what’s right, improving residents’ quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
The Recreation Leader plans and assists with the coordination and implementation of
recreational activities such as special events, sports leagues, instructional programs, special
programs, general recreation, wellness programs, and other related activities.
- Assist in organization of all resident activities, on and off premises, including dances,
theme parties, holiday celebrations, movies, card games, exercise programs, etc.
- Assist in the assessment of activities to determine viability.
- Assist in the development of new and existing clubs that reflect the interests of the
- Document resident participation in group and/or individual social/recreational programs.
- Assist in the management all areas of special events, games and entertainment
- Assist with decorating and promotions for functions (where needed).
- Assist with all operational and technical requirements related to clubhouse activities
such as lighting and sound.
- Assist with coordination of all club/committee meetings and use of rooms.
- Assist with scheduling of shows, cabarets, holiday parties, special events, etc. Keep
calendar of activities for the community.
- Responsible distributing the Property monthly newsletters.
- Post meeting notices on electronic message boards & bulletin board.
- Recommend and review policies for association, community and committee use of
- Assist with the recreation budget to ensure that costs are maintained within budgetary
- Take pictures of Community events, parties and other special occasions.
- Plan special “theme” days or months around holidays, seasons, or recognized days
such as Father’s or Mother’s Day.
- Assist with management of clubhouse and equipment rental program to maximize rental
- Assist with the execution of fitness and health classes as needed. May be willing to
obtain certifications/training in fitness/health related areas.
- Assist other departments as directed by Community Association Manager (i.e.. daily
incoming phone call support). Cross-train on administrative functions and overall POA
policies, procedures & rules to support administrative office during staff vacations and
- Other duties as assigned.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Associates degree in recreation or related field from an accredited college or university,
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1+ year or related work experience in customer service-related position
- Must have strong customer-oriented background.
- Able to work with various groups including owners, visitors, guests, vendors, other
departments, and more.
- Strong administrative background.
- Excellent working knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Outstanding interpersonal, office management and communication skills, as well as a
self-starter and multi-tasker.
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgment and decision making.
- Exercise all duties and tasks in a cheerful and friendly manner as well as be a team
player, together with office staff and residents to achieve all events successfully.
- Ability to work independently and be self-driven, with ability to identify, plan and prioritize
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, mass email, data base management, etc.).
- Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools,
and usual office equipment to include, but not be limited to, phone, fax machine, copier,
- Physical demands include ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, sitting, walking, carrying, and occasional climbing.
- Ability to work extended/flexible hours and weekends.
- Local and regional travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the
right to assign or reassign schedules, duties, and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Getting the Recreation Leader designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Recreation Leader.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.