Dollar Tree Stores
|Company Name:||Dollar Tree Stores|
|Job Location:||St Louis, MO|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Dollar Tree Stores is seeking a MERCHANDISE ASSISTANT MANAGER in St Louis, MO. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Work where you love to shop! Dollar Tree is hiring in your neighborhood. Avoid long commutes and set your own course to success by applying today.
We offer generous benefits, flexible work schedules and the ability to work today and get paid tomorrow.
Responsible for assisting with merchandising and freight processing tasks that have been delegated and assigned by the Store Manager. Assist with the hiring, training and development of store associates as delegated by the Store Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with all store functions and day-to-day store activities as directed by the Store Manager
- Able to perform all opening and closing procedures in the absence of the Store Manager
- Assist the Store Manager in protecting and securing all company assets, including store cash
- Adhere to all policies and procedures including safety guidelines
- Maintain a professional and friendly environment with customers, subordinates and supervisors
- Maintain all areas of the store, including the stockroom and sales floor, to company standards to include recovery
- When the Store Manager is not on the premises, direct supervisory responsibility for all hourly Associates
- Process all SSC Corporate directives including Pull and Hold/Destroy, Task Compliance, Key Survey information
- requests and any additional communications related to store activities as delegated by the Store Manager
- Assist the Store Manager on the receipt and return of DSD merchandise
- Follow the VIP and DSD Policies and Procedures
- Assist Store Manager in the management of freight flow
- Meet or exceed productivity standards
- Assist the Store Manager in ordering and stocking all merchandise needs, including frozen & refrigerated
- Assist the Store Manager in maintaining stockroom organization
- Assist the Store Manager in ensuring that the sales floor is sales effective on a daily basis
- Assist the Store Manager in planning, merchandising and maintaining Clip Strips and Power Panels with sales effective items
- Assist the Store Manager in planning and implementing monthly Sales Planners
- Prefer prior retail and management experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and written skills
- Ability to lift, bend and transport merchandise weighing up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in a high energy, team environment
We value our Associates’ contributions to our success, which drives us to invest in the most important element of our organization: our people.
As we work towards a healthier future, we provide eligible associates with the following:
Health and welfare programs including medical, pharmacy, dental, and vision
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Time Off
Employee Stock Purchase Program
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. This is not to be considered a complete list of job duties, which appear in the job description for this position, and which may be amended from time to time at the discretion of Dollar Tree. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
Dollar Tree is an equal opportunity employer.
Auto Req ID
Process Level/Store #
Getting the MERCHANDISE ASSISTANT MANAGER designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a MERCHANDISE ASSISTANT MANAGER.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.