Discover Financial Services
|Company Name:||Discover Financial Services|
|Job Location:||Home Acres, SC|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Discover Financial Services is seeking a Manager Data Science in Home Acres, SC. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Responsible for providing thought leadership & strategic thinking to solve business problems by leveraging techniques such as segmentation, optimization, advanced analytics and machine learning. The role will closely monitor performance metrics and KPIs to ensure goals are met and course correct as necessary. Manages a team of high performing quantitative analysts and will be responsible for ensuring the team stays motivated and engaged. Manages team performance, coach and develop employees and hire the right talent. In addition, this individual will identify, prioritize and supervise the team to flawlessly execute initiatives.
Develop and coach teams to be able to identify, manage, and escalate risk, and effectively manages risk within the teams you oversee.
- Provides thought leadership & strategic thinking to translate business problem into analytical framework(s), and independently recommend actions and provide business insights. Leads the development and implementation of advanced analytics including customer segmentation, optimization, prescriptive analytics and machine learning algorithm & recommendation to solve business problems.
- Manages priorities and sets of analysts, assign projects and allocate resource, communicate business performance and project progress to management & business partners
- Operates as a subject matter expert on statistical analysis, test and design of experiment, analysis methodology, modeling & application, and financial impact analysis.
- Establishes and maintains effective performance tracking; identify improvement opportunity, form hypothesis, propose, design and implement tests to drive strategy enhancement and optimization
- Delivers effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of leadership, creating visual displays of quantitative information.
- Develops and automates reports, iteratively build and prototype dashboards to provide insights at scale, solving for analytical needs. Facilitates implementation of work product and ensure accuracy.
- Ensures standard work processes and documentation requirements are timely and consistently followed by team. Encourages continuous improvement of team processes and share across functional teams to ensure consistency.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics, Engineering or Statistics
- 6+ years of Credit Risk, Fraud Risk, Marketing Analytics, Optimization, Operations Analytics, Modeling/ Data Science or related experience.
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of Credit Risk, Fraud Risk, Marketing Analytics, Optimization, Operations Analytics, Modeling/ Data Science or related.
- Master’s degree in Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
Discover is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Discover is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status. (Know Your Rights)
Getting the Manager Data Science designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Manager Data Science.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.