Discover Financial Services
|Company Name:||Discover Financial Services|
|Job Location:||Riverwoods, IL|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Discover Financial Services is seeking a Application Engineer (ServiceNow) in Riverwoods, IL. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As a ServiceNow Application Engineer, you’ll build and release reliable software systems at scale. By partnering with enterprise-wide teams, you’ll develop and maintain full stack solutions that fit our business needs. You’ll use your holistic view of all products (and their interactions) to design elegant solutions and strategize the future state of our larger technical ecosystem. By independently innovating and advocating for best practices, you’ll solve complex problems and guide the team on implementing solutions from inception to production. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to flex your ServiceNow skills and business acumen across a number of business and technical domains within the NOW Platform.
Responsible for oversight on design and implementation of products assigned to their team. Still needs to think things through, but has their driver’s license. This means they can take user stories and new features from idea to production unattended.
- Utilizing Discover’s Agile Way of Working, develop and configure solutions within ServiceNow in partnership with your Product Owner
- Participate in Agile ceremonies related to their product team to ensure the work is getting completed the right way
- Partners with the Product Owner to define a strategic product roadmap for their technology/business domain
- Propose opportunities to solve business problems and for process efficiencies using your knowledge of the ServiceNow Platform
- Actively participate in ServiceNow Engineering Chapter activities and increase the maturity of our Engineering practices
- Actively engage in our Continuous Professional Education and Discover Technology Academy programs to drive skill and career development
- Participate in rotating support schedule for Incident Management and general Consumer Service requests
- Analyze, design, program, test, and deploy new user stories and features with high quality (security, reliability, operations) to production
- Tends to Associate Application Engineers by providing learning tasks as well as work related tasks, directs the work of Senior Associate Application Engineers, and helps them continue to grow
- Achieves team commitments (and influence others to do the same) by using informal leadership & highly developed communication skills
- Has an oversight on design decisions and guides team to achieve key results for products assigned to them
- Remediates issues using engineering principles and creates proactive design solutions for potential failures
- Contributes to and leads technology communities at Discover
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors – Computer Science
- 3+ Years – Information Technology, (Software) Engineering, or related
- Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of competent on the Dreyfus engineering scale
Bonus Points If You Have:
- 4+ Years of ServiceNow Development Experience or 6+ Years of Application Development Experience
- Experience implementing two or more of the following ServiceNow capabilities: IRM/GRC; ITSM; Performance Analytics; Security Operations; Vulnerability Management; Configuration Management; Software Asset Management; Service Mapping; Discovery; HR Service Delivery; Employee Service Center; Virtual Agent; Orchestration; Integration Hub; Integrated Risk Management/Governance, Risk, & Control; UI Builder/App Engine.
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer; ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist – GRC (Risk & Compliance); ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist – IT Service Management; Certified System Administrator; Certified Implementer; or other ServiceNow Certifications
- Knowledge of Angular, React, Redux, and Java application frameworks
- Experience building secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
- Experience in GRC, IRM is a strong plus.
External applicants will be required to perform a technical interview.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
Discover is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Discover is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status. (Know Your Rights)
Getting the Application Engineer (ServiceNow) designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Application Engineer (ServiceNow).
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.