|Job Location:||Ann Arbor, MI|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Deloitte is seeking a Chief of Staff in Ann Arbor, MI. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
We are seeking a full-time Chief of Staff to partner with the Center for Health Solutions (CHS) and Health Equity Institute (HEI) Executive Director and members of the team in managing the overall strategy, planning, execution and delivery of key research, eminence and philanthropy initiatives that support the teams’ goals. In addition to collaboration with the team, the COS will interface directly with senior leaders throughout the industry practice, wider firm, and with clients. This role will continue to develop and model team values and culture exemplified by a commitment to transformative relationships, curiosity, respect, transparency, results, and accountability.
Deloitte’s Center for Health Solutions (DCHS) is a source of relevant and actionable insights on the most important issues facing C-suite leaders and other key decision-makers within the Life Sciences and Health Care (LSHC) Industry. The Center is staffed by data-driven researchers with industry experience who know how to translate insight into action and scale impact in the marketplace. We introduce differentiating, evidence-driven research, and eminence to influence industry conversations at scale. Our research is intended to initiate meaningful engagement with clients and prospects, while enhancing our brand and credibility as a leader in the marketplace globally.The product we aim to deliver is rigorous, compelling, provocative, novel, and move market conversation on issues aligned with industry, sector, and strategic growth priorities.
The Deloitte Health Equity Institute (DHEI) is advancing health equity to make an impact that matters. To do it, we’re creating cross-sector collaborations and tools aimed at addressing the root causes of inequitable health outcomes: namely disparities in the drivers of health, racism and bias, and structural flaws in the health system. Our goal is to create exponential change that will lead to a world in which health isn’t determined by race, gender, ability status, or zip code – where, all people have the fair and just opportunity to achieve their full potential in every aspect of their health and well-being.
DCHS and DHEI work collectively with our Life Sciences and Health Care industry among others across the firm and with the Purpose Office from a philanthropic, social impact perspective.
Articulates a case for change and provides leaders with pragmatic guidance, compelling data, novel insights, and leading practices
Provides deeply researched, fact-based propriety insights that deepen our expertise within specific topic or strategic areas Creates a differentiated platform and voice in the market and with organizational collaborators
Helps to drive and measure impact of efforts to create meaningful social change and advance health equity
Executive Office Priorities, Processes, & Planning:
- Drive executive strategy implementation and clear barriers to action. Proactively jump into the debate and share opinions, working collaboratively across the organization in the development of strategy, goals, and priorities
- Develop systems to translate organizational priorities into CHS/HEI priorities annually, quarterly, monthly, weekly. Manage day-to-day trade-offs against those priorities
- Introduce best practices and better ways of managing work and creating processes that support advancing our strategic priorities
- Serve as a senior leader, inspiring and motivating others to engage fully and collaboratively in stewarding and executing the mission and vision of our Center/Institute
- Participate in and provide feedback on organizational planning, prioritization, and processes.
Relationship Management & Communications:
- Support Executive Director in communications with Deloitte industry, sector, and client leaders to achieve buy-in for strategic recommendations.
- Closely coordinate with Enabling Area leaders, including industry/sector operations teams, Marketing, Public Relations, Learning & Development, and Knowledge Services to align and deliver on CHS/HEI priorities
- Build internal networks to increase communication and knowledge sharing and to engage in collaboration between the Industry Centers and with other eminence-producing teams across the firm
- Collaborate with LSHC, GPS, Purpose Office, and Global HEI networks to enhance communication, collaboration, and insight development.
Center for Health Solutions Management: Develop, deliver, and report on CHS strategy
- Ensure the programs, activities, and budget of CHS support the strategic goalsof the Life Sciences and Health Care Industry practice, Research and Insights and strategic growth offerings of the firm
- Strategic partner in developing research pipeline, managing governance, and prioritizing resources (budget, vendors, staffing)
- Ensure thought leadership publications are optimally utilized by our clients, client leaders and teams, businesses, and sectors.
- Identifies and enables opportunities arising from eminence activities in partnership with the Executive Director, national industry leader (NIL), national sector leaders (NSLs), industry chief of staff, sector specialists, client leaders, and business leaders
- Work with Executive Director as a member of the leadership team to set strategic vision and goals
- Work with Executive Director and appropriate team members to monitor strategy execution and impact
Health Equity Institute Management: Help develop, deliver, and report on HEI strategy
- Works closely with Executive Director and HEI leadership team to align strategic initiatives and priorities with the firm shared agenda, the LSHC industry, the activating health equity commercial market offering, and the Purpose Office
- Provide leadership and oversight in navigating independence, risk, and compliance processes to ensure community collaborations and other external engagements and relationships are launched and monitored successfully.
- Day to day management of DHEI and CHS Operational team members to include design and management of workflows. Provide leadership and guidance for CHS/DHEI operations team to draft presentations, talking points, internal communications, and data metric dashboards.
- Manage vetting and procurement of service suppliers (survey vendors, data providers) by facilitating supplier negotiations and developing supplier contracts.
- Supports or advises the Ops team in their role as liasion to Office of the General Counsel, QRM, independence and risk managers and suppliers to ensure alignment with firm policies and project objectives.
- Act as primary talent liaison for the team leading on providing administrative support and coordination for: backfill of open positions, identifying coaches and onboarding buddies, recognition of team members’ life events, championing and resourcing DEI, wellness and morale initiatives
- Support design and development of team building, training, and other team-wide initiatives that improve processes, quality, and relationships. Support Ops team in management and coordination of internal team events.
- Act as primarily liaison for operational points of contact across the firm
- Help solve operational issues related to driving consistent delivery of thought leadership and insights
- Supports Ops team to coordinate across DHEI team for M&E of external and internal priorities
- Support the research team in coordination of the research production process in collaboration with Deloitte Insights, QRM, and other resources
- Respond to requests and inquiries from client leaders, industry, and sector leadership
Help Drive GTM and elevate executive reach and influence
- Coordinate with stakeholders within the practice and external to the practice to shape ideation and deployment
- Collaborate with Center sector leads and HEI leadership to convene clients, collaborators, and internal firm stakeholders for insight development, deployment, and enhance brand
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+ years in a management role
- Life Sciences and Health Care industry experience and passion for the industry and health equity is a must
- Stakeholder facilitation and management
- Proven success in a project management and operations management
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Experience serving as a strategic advisor to executives
- Presentation development and delivery
- Experience with budget management
- Limited sponsorship may be available
- Consulting experience with a focus on operations management a plus
- Master’s degree in business, administration, organizational development, public health, health policy
- Demonstrates attributes of creativity, innovation, being data driven and continuous learning
- Dedicated experience advancing equity focused work and/or demonstrated history of engaging underserved communities affected by health disparities.
- Ability to apply personal expertise and/or lived experience regarding disparities in health care and outcomes
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $115,030 – $236,215.
You may also be eligible to participate in a sales incentive program, whereby you may be eligible to receive certain incentive compensation amounts based on achievement of certain sales goals set forth each year, subject to the terms and conditions of any applicable program document.
Getting the Chief of Staff designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Chief of Staff .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.