|Job Location:||Jerome, ID|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Darigold is seeking a Operator in Jerome, ID. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Operate evaporators and dryer in a safe, sanitary manner. Operations include cream pasteurizing, condensing and drying of product, cleaning of cream pasteurizer, evaporator, dryer and related equipment, and documenting accurate recordings of test results while in operation. Cleaning of the cream pasteurizer, evaporator and dryer includes hand cleaning parts, clean-in-place operations, and dry cleaning on a daily basis.
What You Will Do: (other duties may be assigned):
- Know proper established start up and shut down procedures.
- Maintain proper moisture and quality of product being produced.
- Monitor moisture, fat and scorched particles at least once per hour and enter in log sheet while operating.
- Check inside of dryer for powder build up, and react accordingly to findings. (Inform supervisor of any problems during CIP of unit)
- Inspect tailings.
- Inspect sifter screen, magnet and report to supervisor any concerns.
- Properly clean evaporator and dryer.
- Test CIP solution strengths and log on CIP log.
- Service pumps and valves as needed and/or per preventative maintenance
- Aid in the training of new personnel
- Report immediately to supervisor of any damage, irregular activity, or unsafe conditions concerning the equipment
- Maintain a clean and safe work area. Facility must remain in inspection ready status at all times.
- Follow all company safety, working, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
What You Will Bring
- Ability to work independently without minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail, must be able to complete multiple and repetitive tasks, must be committed to accuracy and quality.
- Ability to make decisions on equipment operation based on test data.
- Work with others to achieve team goals.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs frequently
- Must be available for multiple shifts in a 24/7 environment.
- Must maintain high attendance standards and be trusted with a high level of responsibility.
- Must be capable of heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds) and stand for extended periods.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, mechanical skills desirable.
- A High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must work in a safe, efficient manner and follow all safety procedures including the use of safety equipment.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot small problems, and be able to discern when issues may require input from levels of authority within the corporation.
- Must be willing to ask for assistance when the process is unclear.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computational skills required. Simple math reasoning required.
- Must be able to operate the equipment effectively after the appropriate break-in period. Must have the ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions given in written, oral, or diagram form.
Nice To Have’s
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1 year production experience preferred
We understand that as an employee, benefits that support you and your family in and out of work are important. We are proud to offer eligible positions a competitive total rewards package – that includes:
- Employer 401K contribution of up to 9%
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision benefits
- Employer paid life & disability coverage
- Paid time off and paid Holidays
- 8 weeks paid paternal Leave
- Education assistance
- Community giving through matching donations
- Access to great dairy products & participation in our employee butter purchase program
Our Commitment to Diversity
Achieving our vision to Lead Dairy Forward requires cultivating and supporting a team with varying backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are committed to providing a workplace based on mutual respect where all employees feel included and can bring their best and authentic selves to work every day. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. We welcome all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, creed, religion, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. As a condition of employment applicants offered a role will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment background screen, receive a negative drug screen result & confirm eligibility to work in the U.S. We participate in E-Verify – please follow the links for details, English / Spanish & view our Right to Work Statement, English / Spanish
Getting the Operator designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Operator .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.