|Job Location:||New York, NY|
|Job Posted Date:||01-02-2023|
Citi is seeking a Finance Regulatory Engagement Group Manager in New York, NY. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Job Id: 23609495
The Finance Regulatory Engagement and Oversite Office works closely with stakeholders to drive and execute end-to-end regulatory engagement and deliverables across Citi Finance activities, which span global Finance groups, Finance functions, infrastructure partners in EIO&T and business partners in ICG and GCB.
Support Citi Finance’s global regulatory agenda related to engagement with both regulators and internal partners. Support Finance disciplines in ensuring that regulatory requests and exams are managed and coordinated, including defining and implementing best practices and tracking and retaining documentation.
Regulatory Engagement and Relationship Management Responsibilities:
- Centrally coordinate Citi Finance’s global regulatory agenda to help manage and/or support on-site or remote exam management, ad-hoc meetings, and information requests
- Ensure standards and maintained and followed related to the management of Citi Finance’s regulatory interactions, including exam management, regulatory meetings and requests for information
- Work collaboratively with Finance Regulatory Engagement leadership and key stakeholders, to ensure accurate, timely and responses, messaging and communications to regulatory supervisors
- Provide governance and oversight of Citi Finance’s regulatory landscape (meetings, exams, and key deliverables), to ensure coverage and adherence to standards for regulatory interactions
- Build relationships across Citi Finance functions to ensure collaboration between Finance and non-Finance functions to provide a single point of contact (SPOC) across Citi to address regulatory actions
- Manage escalations related to regulatory related matters and/or deliverables, and provide support to ensure proper awareness and communication to applicable stakeholders including the Regulators and Senior Management as applicable.
- Support key stakeholders in the writing of regulatory responses and updates, and in coordinating regulatory responses (to ad hoc inquiries) – ensuring comprehensiveness of response and consistency across disciplines
- Work as part of a team to centrally manage regulatory engagement lifecycle from entry letter to remediation and issue closure
- Provide key information into updates and newsletters that provide clear, concise and balanced updates to senior forums and Citi internal governance committees, on Citi Finance’s regulatory commitments and engagements
- Coordinate across Citi Finance functions to develop cohesive and comprehensive responses to regulatory inquiries, on a timely basis
Process and Controls
- Work with team to develop and implement best practices, and controls to manage Citi Finance’s regulatory deliverables, includes regulatory meetings, submissions, commitments, etc.
- Identify opportunities for synergy, overlap, or ability to leverage efforts between various regulatory commitments; and drive process improvements (on regulatory engagements)
- Maintain and consistently update comprehensive inventory of all supervisory issues, and provide oversight and tracking of commitments to ensure consistent and timely resolution of deliverables
- Provide support related to execution efforts related to regulatory initiatives, and actively monitor change control, actions, risks, issues, and dependencies
- Work with team to develop MIS reporting to provide meaningful updates and highlight potential risks with regulatory deliverables, including milestones, supervisory findings (MRAs, MRIAs), etc.
- Provide insight as applicable on the correlation of transformation initiatives to Finance regulatory commitments, and leverage to enhance Finance’s regulatory interactions
- Drive ongoing consistency and alignment to enterprise regulatory engagement standards, and coordinate deliverables across Finance business functions
- Help to provide input to define enhanced processes and controls for the entry and maintenance of all regulatory interactions into Citi’s centralized regulatory inventory (i.e. Regulatory Engagements Tracking (RET))
- Support the development of centralized resources on regulatory engagements within Citi Finance, e.g. to provide access to standards, templates, prior regulatory communications, meeting minutes, etc
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Legal, or related fields; advanced degree is a plus.
- 5-8 years of experience in one or more of Finance, Risk, or Management Consultant
- Proven leadership in managing documents and timely deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with a wide variety of people across functions / seniority
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in written responses to regulators such as on MRA, MRIA, exam findings or other actions is a plus
- Experience in driving governance and controls
- Understanding and application of project management methodologies across delivery life cycle
- Extremely proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; database knowledge is a plus
- Must take ownership and execute on deliverables.
- Team player possessing an ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with demonstrated ability to work effectively across business units / functions to deliver results
- High energy, self-starter with a flexible and pragmatic attitude and a desire to show continued progress
- Resilient, self-aware, humble, and execution focused
- Delivery focused with ability to prioritize multiple assignments and requests, and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate thought leadership, innovation, good judgement and problem-solving skills
- Adept at synthesizing large amounts of information and providing concise messaging
- Confidence and ability to structure, summarize, present project status as well as defend recommendations and outcomes
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Motivated, self-starting – able to initiate projects ensuring appropriate sponsorship, governance, funding and resources are available
- Works well under pressure and always with a professional demeanor
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, with ability to influence and challenge key decision makers, peer groups, internal service providers and functions outside direct control
- Agile and flexible – able to determine and resolve project slippage, scope changes, and prioritize deliverables to ensure critical milestones are met continued progress
Job Family Group:
Fin Solutions Dsgn & Implement
New York New York United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$170,880.00 – $256,320.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Getting the Finance Regulatory Engagement Group Manager designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Finance Regulatory Engagement Group Manager.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.