|Job Location:||Irving, TX|
|Job Posted Date:||01-02-2023|
Citi is seeking a Finance Acctg Group Manager in Irving, TX. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Job Id: 23609044
The Finance Acctg Group Manager is accountable for management of complex/critical/large professional disciplinary areas. Leads and directs a team of professionals. Requires a comprehensive understanding of multiple areas within a function and how they interact in order to achieve the objectives of the function. Applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary. Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Supports the management and control data flows to and within Finance applications to ensure integrity and completeness of data, including by preparing and recording financial transactions for legal vehicle and regulatory reporting purposes, updating the general ledger, recording financial transactions, and preparing of consolidated financial statements, in accordance with management reporting requirements, for legal vehicle & regulatory purposes. Also, includes specialized accounting, such as equity compensation, securitization, payroll and investment accounting.
- Ensuring that financial controls are in place for all key processes and that any control weaknesses are appropriately addressed and escalated.
- Understand the impact of new requirements and comply with new control requirements.
- Establish consistent processes and a strong control environment, review procedures and MCA assessments.
- Ensure country PRC is appropriate and up to date and review ARA on annual basis with key stakeholders.
- Ensure control issues are effectively identified and escalated.
- Identify and evaluate design and operating control deficiencies; and ensure that control issues are effectively identified and escalated.
- Ensure that there is a resolution plan for all identified and escalated issues.
- Prepare control guidelines and train controllers on how to apply.
- Review on regular basis all Minimum Requirements to make sure they performed in line with ARA.
- Focus on and co-ordinate deep dives (in-depth reviews) across business areas and countries, to identify control deficiencies, best practice and consistency of approach; Document results of the evaluation and propose and drive implementation of solutions to correct deficiencies.
- Ensure regular month end file reviews are taking place in order to identify any control gaps.
- Coordinate Audit preparation work with countries.
- Ensure general controls which are not finance division specific, but applicable to entire finance are coordinated and reviewed on regular bases (e.g. EERS, COB, ICSA, EUC).
- Monitoring of CAPs/IMR’s.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with a wide range of people across different functions and levels of seniority. Analytical skills are a must. Ability to manage and lead a team. Be able to work independently w
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter who proactively seeks to improve existing controls and streamline processes both from a tactical short term viewpoint, and also from a strategic long term perspective
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Responsibility for timely and accurate reporting of deposits within Personal Banking & Wealth Management (PBWM) managed segment and Citibank legal entity. This includes daily reporting at the contract level across all PBWM managed segments and regions.
Requires close partnership with several internal functions including; Financial Planning & Analysis, Operations, Technology, Accounting Policy and shared service to support financial reporting of the PBWM business lines.
The results are primarily in the U.S., however, includes some non-U.S. results.
Job Family Group:
Irving Texas United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$139,690.00 – $209,530.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Getting the Finance Acctg Group Manager designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Finance Acctg Group Manager.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.