|Job Location:||Arden, NC|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
BorgWarner is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer in Arden, NC. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
BorgWarner is a global product leader in delivering innovative and sustainable mobility solutions for the vehicle market. We are a company of innovators and independent thinkers that brings together talented employees, meaningful work, and amazing technology in a unique environment. At BorgWarner we constantly work towards our vision of a clean and energy-efficient world.
We believe the health and safety of our employees are a top priority. We care about our local communities and the global environment. BorgWarner promotes and nurtures a diverse and inclusive environment, honors integrity, strives for excellence, commits to responsibility for our communities and the environment, and builds on the power of collaboration.
We manage talent as seriously as we manage our businesses and encourage you to learn about our proud history, strong culture, technologies, and future vision. We offer a strong local presence and interesting global opportunities. Start your future with BorgWarner now!
For a listing of Asheville/Arden openings BorgWarner Openings
Pay & Benefits
All positions start at an above market pay rate for that position. Benefits are also above market and include the below for all fulltime employees
- Day 1 Medical Coverage with potential of no monthly premium
- Onsite Health Clinic for employees and dependents (age 14 and over) at no cost
- Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, and Disability Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement Program after 18 months
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k) with a matching program
- Company paid holidays and vacation starting Day 1
The BorgWarner Arden campus offers two world class technical centers and a cutting-edge manufacturing facility that designs and produces turbos, fan, and fan drive components for the automotive industry. The Arden campus offers a multitude of career opportunities and is in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina.
This position will provide technical support for new product introduction and current manufacturing processes and practices in an automotive component production environment.
- This position is responsible for the support of manufacturing operations with respect to process development, improvement, testing, safety, quality, and cost.
- Coordinates with Product Line Managers, vendors, customers, and Product Development engineering to ensure customer satisfaction and adherence to BorgWarner World Class manufacturing standards.
- Develops effective automated and manual systems for machine tending, material handling, and assembly operations.
- Develops & enhances CNC machining operations including milling, turning, grinding, as well as verification systems including in-process and post-process gauging methods/systems.
- Reviews and calculates labor, material, and other production costs along with reviewing schedules and future production requirements to assist management in decision making.
- Analyzes and plans workflow, equipment placement and space requirements to improve manufacturing efficiency while adhering to health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Coordinates equipment maintenance and repair services while ensuring that manufacturer’s procedures and instructions are followed to keep production equipment operational.
- Provides input to team for manufacturability, cost, testing, and process improvements.
- Performs data analysis to measure process performance, troubleshooting, and identification of improvement opportunities.
- Utilizes project management tools such as flow charting, mapping, PFMEA, and timelines to achieve optimal solutions while collaborating with other Manufacturing Engineers assigned to the operations.
- Advances themselves technologically and applies such knowledge to best advise the organization, staying current on industry trends for equipment, tooling, gaging, testing and integration systems.
- Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Facilitates the change process at the technical level.
- Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in line with those values.
- Perform other duties as needed.
What We’re Looking For
- This position requires a BS in mechanical or electromechanical engineering.
- An affinity for mechanical and electromechanical engineering & problem solving.
- At least 2 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience in a metal processing industry.
- Experience in the automotive industry preferred.
- Mastercam & CNC programming experience
- CAD platform experience (Solid Works, AutoCAD, Creo, Pro-E, Inventor…)
- Experience with quality and lean processes & tools (PPAP, statistical analysis, 8D, 5S)
- Proficiency with Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required.
- Knowledge of turbochargers is a plus. Attendance on the job is essential.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to follow instructions, safety rules and regulations.
- A strong desire to learn, grow, and solve problems for the improvement of our production system and those who work in it.
What We Believe
- Inclusion Respecting Individuals
- Integrity Honoring truth
- Excellence Focusing on results
- Responsibility Our commitment
- Collaboration Building trust
This position will adhere to the BorgWarner Environmental Health and Safety Program by following all safety rules, procedures, practices, training, and safe use of equipment; this includes use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as required. This individual will work in a way that stresses the importance of preventing injury, accidents, or illnesses to themselves or co-workers by correcting or reporting unsafe situations, incidents, or occurrences to their Team Lead immediately.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Internal Use Only Salary
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the geographical area where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Getting the Manufacturing Engineer designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Manufacturing Engineer.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.