BJ's Wholesale Club
|Company Name:||BJ’s Wholesale Club|
|Job Location:||Virginia Beach, VA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
BJ’s Wholesale Club is seeking a Produce Clerk Part Time in Virginia Beach, VA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Join a team of more than 30,000 team members, comprised of our Club Support Center and over 230 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We’re committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their families and homes. BJ’s Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team environment where all team members can learn, grow and be themselves.
The Benefits Of Working At BJ’s
- BJ’s pays weekly
- Generous time off programs to support busy lifestyles*
- Vacation, Personal, Holiday, Sick, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty
- Benefit plans for your changing needs*
- Three medical plans**, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Health Savings Account (HSA), two dental plans, flexible spending
- eligibility requirements vary by position
- medical plans vary by location
Sorts, displays, removes, and replenishes fresh fruits and vegetables in the produce department. Maintains the
overall environment of the department by providing assistance to Members through product knowledge and
customer service. Ensures that all produce meets or exceeds company quality standards.
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned. Support the application of club policies,
procedures and compliance.
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable.
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in mind to address any and all concerns and to
escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each other.
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with collaboration and respect. Work as a team to
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around us.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the members.
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Work as a team to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and out
Know your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial performance reporting for your
- See the connection between consistent execution and the positive impact it can have on the business
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities:
- Provides assistance to Members in the produce department. Answers questions, recommends products and safe handling tips, and assists Members with finding products throughout the club.
- Inspects, rotates, and stores produce upon delivery. Ensures that all received produce meets or exceeds company produce standards.
- Rotates produce on the sales floor to ensure optimal freshness and variety. Ensures cases and display areas are fully stocked. Keeps the produce displays neat and clean. Removes products that are no longer suitable for sale.
- Maintains the produce reserve stock area. Dates and rotates all back stock items. Ensures the storage area is organized and condensed daily.
- Follows established guidelines when disposing of damaged, spoiled, and/or expired products.
- Assists Fresh Manager with inventory and order processing as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes all produce equipment, display fixtures, and areas, including the produce cooler and refrigerated display cases.
- Generates signage for produce goods and performs price check functions when necessary. Ensures all items
are accurately priced and signed.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Work experience in a produce department preferred.
- Knowledge of fruit and vegetables preferred, including seasonal items.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions:
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces and positioning oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, climbing, crawling, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects greater than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor environment with frequent exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or coolers.
Getting the Produce Clerk Part Time designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Produce Clerk Part Time.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.