Beth Israel Lahey Health
|Company Name:||Beth Israel Lahey Health|
|Job Location:||Boston, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Beth Israel Lahey Health is seeking a Clinical Dietitian II in Boston, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
When you join the growing BILH team, you’re not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Job Summary: Provides optimal nutritional care to patients through assessing nutritional needs, developing customized treatment plans and providing tailored counseling and education programs for patients, families and caregivers. Provides age-specific care to high risk patients and collaborates with all Clinical Dietitians, Patient Food Services Managers and other health care providers regarding patient food and nutrition. Additional responsibilities of the Inpatient Clinical Dietitian II include independence in practice with enteral and parenteral nutrition.
- Performs nutrition screening and nutritional assessments on high-risk patients according to departmental policy. Provides follow-up assessments and update care plans as needed. Recommends parenteral and/or enteral nutrition as needed. Develops and implements care plans based on established procedures and standards of care for patients at high nutritional risk.
- Provides nutritional care on patient units according to established departmental priorities (e.g. nutrition consults, tube feedings, and Total Parenteral Nutrition [TPN]) and communicates nutrition care plans with appropriate interdisciplinary staff. Recommends action plans to the physicians for patients on tube feedings and TPN. Enters TPN recommendations daily as needed.
- Develops and coordinates a plan for follow-up nutritional care including completion of referrals to other agencies/facilities or a dietitian in the Medical Nutrition Therapy Clinic.
- Serves as preceptor for dietetic interns during their clinical rotations, provides feedback for program improvement and performs intern evaluations in a timely manner. Teaches classes as needed. Provides training to other health care professionals and the community as needed.
- Assists in developing patient education materials, clinical forms, policies and procedures. Assists in establishing standards of care for patients.
- Communicates pertinent nutritional data through documentation. Records medical data in accordance with the medical center and departmental policies and procedures and rules and regulations.
- Actively participates in departmental and/or interdisciplinary meetings, task forces and projects such as quality improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrates initiative, seeks opportunities and sets professional goals in areas of teaching, quality assurance, performance improvement and research. Actively learns from more experienced Clinical Dietitians and supports an environment of idea sharing and exchange of feedback with staff across the service and department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics required.
- License Lic. Dietitian/Nutritionist required., and Registration Registered Dietitian required., and Certificate 1 Cert Nutrition Suppt Clinician required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 – 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients’ lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Getting the Clinical Dietitian II designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Clinical Dietitian II .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.